Avocado Corn Tomato Salad is an easy, light, and refreshing salad! Chunks of avocado, sliced tomato and frozen corn are covered in an easy lime & olive oil dressing. Simple ingredients with amazing taste.
CORN, TOMATO & AVOCADO SALAD
Avocados are not something that I grew up on. I don't remember having one until I was married and really began to love cooking and trying new foods.
Since then, I'm always trying to find new recipes that use avocados. It's a sure bet that if it has avocado in it then I will love it 🙂
Besides loving rice (literally, it's my favorite food) my other favorite thing to eat is a sliced avocado sprinkled with salt & pepper. So simple but crave worthy at the same time.
INGREDIENTS FOR CORN, TOMATO & AVOCADO SALAD
- 2 avocados
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- frozen corn
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
I am always amazing at how simple and delicious this dish is every time I make it.
We love having this with grilled hamburgers or hotdogs and it's also the perfect dish to take to a bbq or potluck.
I would say the hardest part about this recipe is finding 2 ripe and perfect avocados to use in it 🙂
Whenever I cut into an avocado and see that it's green with none of those rotted areas, I do a little happy dance. It does not happen often but when it does, it's like the best day ever.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- It is best to eat this immediately after making it. It's not one of those dishes that can be made ahead of time because the avocados will brown. At the most you could maybe leave it in the fridge for like an hour before serving and have it still be ok to serve. The leftovers are edible as long as you can handle browned avocado.
- I love to use a bag of frozen gold & white corn. It's yellow corn kernels and white corn kernels. I love the taste of the mix of both. You can use a bag of frozen yellow corn or white corn.
- To zest a lime you will need a micro plane or a citrus zester. You could even use the small side of a cheese grater as well. Don't leave out the lime zest as it adds such a delicious punch of flavor. Remember to only zest the very outside skin. If you zest too hard then you will start zesting the white part which is very bitter.
- I only like using 1/4 cup of red onion but if you want more then feel free to add as much as you want.
- Be sure to only use the green leaf part of the cilantro. Normally like in sauces I just put all the cilantro in, but in salad type recipes I don't like having bits of cilantro stem mixed in.
TRY THESE OTHER AVOCADO RECIPES
Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen yellow corn thawed
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
citrus olive oil dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- zest & juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice)
- Add the chunked avocado, thawed corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro into a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir together with a fork. Add to the salad mix and gently stir together. Serve immediately.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST