BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
These sheet pan baked chicken and vegetables may not look like much but they make up for it with health and flavor. Chunks of chicken breasts, lots of fresh chopped veggies, olive oil and seasonings is all you need for this healthy dinner recipe.
It's also a very adaptable recipe. Use whatever veggies you have leftover in your fridge, or garden, or add double of something that you love and leave out a veggie you don't like. Even the seasonings are very adaptable too.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - You need two large chicken breasts which is about 1.5 pounds of meat.
Bell Peppers - I love to use a red bell pepper and a yellow bell pepper for the color, but use whichever ones you want or what you have.
Brussels Sprouts - These need to have that knob at the end trimmed off and then cut in half.
Zucchini - You can peel the skin or leave it on. I peel about ¾ of the skin off and leave some on for color.
Olive Oil, Salt, Dried Basil, Garlic Powder, Dried Parsley, Pepper, and Oregano - The seasonings is equal to 3 teaspoons (or 1 tablespoon) of seasonings. Feel free to switch it up and use whatever you like as long as it's equal to the 3 total teaspoons.
MY TIPS FOR THIS SHEET PAN CHICKEN & VEGETABLE DINNER RECIPE
- Make sure that all the chicken and vegetables are roughly the same size. The chicken should be in large, bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch), the baby carrots should be halved along with the Brussels sprouts. Chop the bell peppers, broccoli, and zucchini in the same size.
- Because zucchini is softer and cooks faster I like to leave that one a little bit larger.
- I always use the extra light tasting olive oil. Regular olive oil has a strong olive taste, which can be used if that's what you prefer, but for kids I prefer the extra light tasting.
- The recipe and seasonings/olive oil is for the two large chicken breasts + 6 cups of chopped vegetables. Change it up however you like with whatever vegetables you prefer. Seasonings too can be interchanged to what you love.
- Don't forget to stir it halfway through the cook time. This helps all sides of the chicken and vegetables to get that nice char on it. And it also mixes the seasonings around to ensure that there is not a large pocket of seasonings somewhere on the sheet pan.
TRY THESE OTHER SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPES
Sheet Pan Baked Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 1½ pounds
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup halved, trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup halved baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- Heat oven to 475°. Prepare a sheet pan (cookie sheet 12" x 18") by spraying very lightly with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breasts into larger, bite-sized (1-inch) pieces. Chop all the other veggies making sure to keep them all the same size, or as close as you can. Measure the 1 cup of carrots, Brussels, and broccoli after you have chopped them.
- Add the chicken chunks, bell peppers, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, zucchini, and baby carrots into a mixing bowl and stir together. Pour the olive oil over and stir until everything is coated. * You can do this on the prepared sheet pan but it's much easier to get the seasoning mixed into all the chicken and veggies if you do it in a bowl. But if you want to save dishes, then mixing it all up on the sheet pan will be fine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, basil, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, and ground oregano. Sprinkle over the chicken and veggies and stir everything together until it's coated in the olive oil/seasoning. Spread out onto the prepared cookie sheet.*Be sure and get a spatula to scrape every last bit of the olive oil and seasonings from the bowl it was mixed in.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring it up halfway through the cook time.
- Serve immediately with some parmesan cheese if wanted. Store leftover covered in the fridge. I prefer to eat the leftovers cold but you can also heat them up.