COPYCAT PF CHANGS CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
These copycat pf changs chicken lettuce wraps may not be totally authentic, because who really knows the correct recipe, but they are super delicious chicken lettuce wraps that even kids love. Or maybe my kids are just weird?! Which is entirely possible because they request these chicken lettuce wraps.
Ground Chicken cooks in sesame oil and garlic for ultimate flavor. A touch of brown sugar and hot sauce adds some sweet and spicy flavor. Not too spicy for kids 🙂
HOW TO MAKE GROUND CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Sesame Oil, Ground Chicken, White Onion, Salt, and Garlic – Don’t skip the sesame oil! Even if you don’t have it in your kitchen it is worth it to buy it for this recipe. You can use any garlic you want. Chopped from a jar. Garlic paste for a tube. Or peel and mince fresh garlic cloves.
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
Rice Wine Vinegar
Ginger – You can get some fresh ginger knobs and grate them on a zester or just buy a tube of the ginger paste. You can find this in the produce section of the grocery store in the refrigerated area, by the cold salad dressings.
Hot Sauce & Brown Sugar
Water Chestnuts – Drain these and then chop them up. I use a food processor or food chopper to do this, but you can also use a cutting board and a knife.
Bib or Butter Lettuce
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES THAT USE GROUND CHICKEN
- baked ground chicken tacos
- ground orange chicken
- crack chicken burgers
- honey garlic chicken sloppy joes
Copycat P.F Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced, pressed, chopped, or paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger or ginger paste I use ginger paste in the tube
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon siracha hot sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- butter lettuce OR bib lettuce for serving
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, add sesame oil, ground chicken, onion, garlic, and salt. Cook and crumble until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, brown sugar, siracha hot sauce, and chopped water chestnuts. Stir to combine and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions and serve ground chicken mixture in lettuce wraps.