No one will even miss the meat with these hearty, filling, and delicious black bean, rice & vegetable tacos. Pair with corn tortillas, fresh diced tomato, shredded cheese, and sour cream for a healthy dinner that you will want to make again! The leftovers are fabulous too!
I love a good meatless meal. I actually prefer meatless meals over a steak dinner, or fish, or chicken….. any meat! My husband on the other hand does not think it’s dinner if there is no meat on his plate. These tacos I think may have changed his mind. They are so hearty & filling.
Loaded with onion, bell peppers, cabbage (provides so much texture and flavor, and it holds up really well to the heat), brown rice, black beans, and corn. Serve on some toasted corn tortillas with some toppings and dinner is done! A 30-minute meal that is easy on your grocery budget and yummy to your tummy!
Toasting the corn tortilla adds so much flavor to these and it only takes minutes. Just heat up a skillet on medium high heat, once hot just put a tortilla down and it will start to get some “burnt” spots (you can see some of those spots in the pic above) flip it over and cook the other side. So easy but adds a toasty corn flavor to the tacos.
I actually loved this filling as leftovers for lunch the next couple of days. I just heated some up and scooped it up with some multi-grain tortilla chips. Yum!
I hope you enjoy these. The perfect, lighter meal for this month of resolutions.
No one will even miss the meat with these hearty, filling, and delicious tacos. Pair with corn tortillas, fresh diced tomato, shredded cheese, and sour cream for a healthy dinner that you will want to make again!
5 based on 4 review(s)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (10 oz) shredded cabbage, or 3 cups shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice (do not follow directions to cook)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- corn tortillas
- diced tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream for garnish
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onion and bell peppers in the olive oil until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the black beans, shredded cabbage, frozen corn, brown rice, lime juice, taco seasoning, and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook and stir for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into corn tortillas and garnish with your desired toppings.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST