Soft, moist, and fudgey banana bread made super easy with a brownie mix! This brownie banana bread is only 5 ingredients and will fix any chocolate craving.
Heyyyy! Sorry for the week long break I took from posting. Social media and online stuff has been so negative and stressful from all this election stuff happening, so I decided to take a break for awhile and hopefully let it run it’s course. Plus, our baby is due (planned c-section) on Tuesday, so in the interest of not going into labor early I thought it was best to avoid all the politics & negative stuff on Facebook 🙂
Only happy things here on the blog. Like this brownie banana bread. Oh wow! Only 5 ingredients and one of them is a brownie mix. So it’s super easy to make. I don’t know about you but I love those store-bought brownie mixes!
If you have any sort of chocolate craving, which I did over the weekend, then you NEED to make this. It bakes up perfectly and is so fudgey and moist.
The recipe calls for the loaf pan to be lined with parchment paper. Cut the paper so that it only covers the bottom and then hangs over the sides (like in the picture above). You don’t have to use parchment paper, but because the bread cooks for so long it helps prevent burning and over browning on the bottom of the loaf.
I‘m going to try and prepare posts for this next week so hopefully I will be able to get a few up before we go to the hospital to have this baby. If the blog is quiet just know it’s not that I forgot about you all, I will just be in the hospital for a few days and then enjoying our first days with the baby at home ♥ I will probably even post a cute first baby pic to the Together as Family Facebook page 🙂
DO NOT prepare the brownie mix. Just use the dry brownie mix in the box. You may have to put tin foil loosely over the top for the last 15 minutes of baking time to prevent the top from burning.
The baking time will vary for this bread. Mine took the full 65 minutes to cook. Use a toothpick to determine if the bread is done. You should not have wet batter on the toothpick. It should be moist/dry crumbs. Your bread could take longer then 65 minutes.
3.3 based on 3 review(s)
- 1 box (18 oz) milk chocolate brownie mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9"x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the brownie mix (DO NOT prepare brownie mix with the ingredients called for. Only use the dry brownie mix), eggs, oil, and mashed banana. Stir together until combined well.
- Add in about 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out with moist/dry crumbs.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
recipe found at Something Swanky