Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies are soft, chewy, buttery, and loaded with everyone’s favorite Cadbury egg chocolate candy!
CADBURY MINI EGG BLONDIES
Once these candy coated candies hit the shelves I instantly start thinking about what I can make with them.
I mean, what’s the point of just eating them plain when you can turn them into these amazingly chewy and buttery blondie bars?!
I recently bought a big bulk bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs at Sam’s Club and with the rate that my kids eat through them, I don’t think it will last much longer… I had to make something quick if I wanted some 🙂
I used my favorite blondie bar recipe for these and it was perfect. The base recipe really is the best. Melted butter, only brown sugar, and loaded with add-ins.
I’ve also used the same blondie bar recipe to make this Oreo Cookies & Cream version!
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- They have a few different Cadbury Mini Eggs. You could do the white chocolate eggs + white chocolate chips. Dark chocolate eggs + dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate. They even have pretty shimmery Cadbury eggs which would be fun.
- The easiest way to crush the eggs (because they do have that hard shell) is to put some in a Ziploc bag and then use a meat pounder to crush them. If you don’t have the meat pounder/tenderizer, use a rolling pin, bottom of a frying pan, or something else that is hard and strong.
- You want the butter melted but not burning hot. To do this, place the unwrapped butter in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for about 40 seconds. You will pull out half melted and half soft form butter. Take a fork and stir it together until it’s all melted. You’ll end up with melted and cooled butter at the same time.
- It’s so important to not overbake these blondies. You want the edges to look “wrinkly” but you only want them to be a light golden brown color. Not a darker color…. like mine. I slightly overcooked mine and you can see in the pics because the edges are a darker brown than they should be.
- As the blondies cool in the pan they will finish cooling and come together perfectly. The cook time is so different depending on the hotness of your oven. Start at the minimum cook time and go from there.
- To make the bars pretty, sprinkle and gently press down a few additional chopped candy and chocolate chips onto the top of the bars before baking.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper or tin foil (spray the tin foil with cooking spray) to easily lift the bars out to cut. I use the pre-cut sheets of parchment paper and put it in the pan. A tip to help parchment paper stay in the pan is to spray the pan with cooking spray and then place the parchment paper in the pan. The cooking spray will help the paper stick and provide additional non-stick protection 🙂
TRY THESE OTHER CADBURY MINI EGG RECIPES
- No Flour Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- Cadbury Mini Egg 7 Layer Magic Bars
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted & cooled ( *see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed/roughly chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or any kind you want)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. The cooking spray will help the parchment paper stay in place. Or, just use cooking spray, or line the pan with tin foil and spray it lightly.
In a small mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to break up clumps
In a bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, combine melted and slightly cooled butter and brown sugar. Blend together until combined.
Add in 1 egg and then blend. Add the other egg and vanilla extract and blend together until combined.
Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined and no flour pockets remain in the batter. Add the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs and mini chocolate chips, reserving some for sprinkling on top if wanted. Stir to combine.
Dump batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the reserved Cadbury Mini Eggs and mini chocolate chips over top and gently press down.
Bake for 21-26 minutes. The edges will be a light golden brown and be "wrinkly" and the middle will look pale. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack.
These blondies need about an hour to cool completely. Don't try to rush it or else they will not cut well at all.
To help the butter be slightly cooled, simply melt the butter in the microwave until it's only half melted, about 40-45 seconds. Use a fork to stir together and that should finish melting the butter. You'll be left with slightly cooled melted butter that can be used right away.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST