This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites are made in a mini muffin pan with a chocolate brownie mix and Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. The base is a doctored up brownie mix that is so fudgey and rich, and then out of the oven they’re topped with a candy cane kiss. Easy to make and a fun Christmas treat.
Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites Recipe
I’m a sucker for those totally addicting peppermint candy cane kisses. Anytime a recipe calls for them I just have to make it! Do yourself, and your family, a favor and snag a bag of those kisses and make these Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites with them.
Simple to make with a brownie mix + some additional ingredients to make them amazing, and then they’re topped with a candy cane kiss. I love the soft, semi-melted chocolate that just oozes into the warm and rich chocolate brownie.
- Brownie Mix : Use a milk chocolate, chocolate fudge, or dark chocolate. They all work in this recipe so choose your favorite!
- Large Egg
- Heavy Cream : We want that richness and fat that only heavy cream offers so please use it. If you must, you can use half and half, but I would not recommend using any other lower fat milk than that.
- Salted Butter : If all you have is unsalted butter then use it. You may want to add just a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter. Because the butter needs to be melted, you can also use oil in place of the melted butter. Canola or vegetable oil are the best options here.
- Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses : The best kisses ever! Unwrap these so they’re ready to go. You will place whole kisses on top of the brownie bites and the chop up the remaining for inside the brownies. You might have some leftover, it just depends on how many brownie bites you make.
How To Make Brownie Bites with Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
Learn how to make this easy Christmas treat with the simple steps below. Be sure and read to the bottom of the post where there is a detailed recipe card with a printable option, a pin it button so you can save this recipe for later, and all my tips for success.
- Prep : Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan really well with cooking spray. Unwrap 34 Hershey’s candy cane kisses and place them in the fridge while you prepare and bake the brownies.
- Brownie Batter : In a bowl with an electric hand mixer, mix together the brownie mix, egg, heavy cream, and melted butter until combined. About 2 minutes. Fold in 3/4 cups of chopped candy cane kisses.
- Mini Muffin Pan : Place 1.5 tablespoons of brownie batter inside each mini muffin tin. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes inside the pan.
- Hershey’s Kiss : Place an unwrapped Hershey’s candy cane kiss onto each brownie bite. Let the bites cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Serve : Eat them warm with the soft chocolate or let them cool to room temperature for firmer, semi-soft chocolate.
Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites FAQ’s
How to Store Leftovers
- These candy cane kiss brownie bites can be stored in an airtight container, like Tupperware, wrapped in plastic wrap, or inside a Ziploc bag at room temperature for 5-7 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- They are really amazing eaten warm with the soft & slightly melted kiss but also good when eaten at room temperate or chilled from the fridge.
- I recommend letting them cool completely, if storing them inside a bag or wrapped in plastic, to avoid the chocolate from smearing and melting all over.
Tips for Removing Brownie Bites from a Mini Muffin Tin
- Make sure that you spray the mini muffin tins really well with cooking spray, this will help the most!
- I’ve also found that the best way to remove them is to wait until they have cooled enough to be fairly firm and then gently wiggle them in the tin, back and forth, and in a circular motion.
- If you’re still having trouble take a butter knife and gently loosen the brownie bites.
- Use a good quality non-stick mini muffin pan. I have linked (aff. link) the one that I use all the time down below in the recipe card.
Substitution & Variation Ideas
- There are a few ways to switch up this recipe if wanted.
- Brownie Mix : Use any browning mix you want. Milk chocolate, chocolate fudge, dark chocolate are all great options. I prefer using a milk chocolate brownie mix or dark chocolate brownie mix when I make these cute little treats.
- Hershey Kisses : Switch out the kisses and use milk chocolate kisses, mint kisses, cookies & cream, the hot cocoa kisses. Any of them will work great!
- Sprinkles : If I am making these for Christmas treat plates, I like to add some nonpareils (the small round ball sprinkles) on top of the Hershey kiss after it has softened slightly.
- Heavy Cream : If wanted, you can use half and half instead of heavy cream. I don’t recommend it but you could if you wanted. I would not use anything less in fat than the half and half.
- Butter : Unsalted butter can be used but you may want to add a pinch of salt. You can also substitute the butter with canola or vegetable oil, but the brownies won’t be as rich and buttery if using oil.
- There are a few ways to switch up this recipe if wanted.
Here are a few of my helpful tips so that you can have success recreating this recipe in your own kitchen ♥
- Mini Muffin Pan Tip : Most people only have one of these, which is totally fine, but there is a tip when using only one pan. The recipe makes about 34 mini brownie bites which means you will have to make a second batch of them. Allow the brownie bites to have enough cooling time, from the first batch, before you try to remove them from the pan. This also helps because you don’t want to add the brownie batter into a really hot mini muffin tin, as that will affect the baking time.
- Spray the Muffins Tins Really Well : In order for these mini brownie bites to come out of the muffin tins easily, make sure you spray them well before adding in the batter. It’s important to also use a good quality, non-stick mini muffin pan. I have linked the one that I love down below in the recipe card if you need a good recommendation.
- Candy Cane Kiss Tip : If you don’t want the chocolate kiss to get too soft or even melty once it’s placed in the brownie bite, place the unwrapped Hershey kisses into the freezer or fridge, while you prepare and bake the brownie bites.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Chip Brownies – These are made almost weekly at my house. Easy to make with one boil and this recipe uses oil so the brownies are cake-like and so soft.
- Candy Bar Brownies – Brownies stuffed full with chopped candy bars, what can be better?!
- Nutella Brownies – Easy to make with a brownie mix, Nutella, and chopped hazelnuts.
- Monster Cookie Brownies – A brownie mix topped with a homemade monster cookie dough.
- Homemade Brownies – When the box mix won’t do then make this one. So soft, thick, chewy, and the perfect combo of fudgey + cake-like.
Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites
- 1 box (18 oz) brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 1 bag (10 oz) Hershey's candy cane kisses divided
- Prep : Unwrap 34 Hershey's candy cane kisses and place them in a bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge while you prepare and bake the brownie bites. * If you don't want the Hershey kiss to soften once it's placed on the brownie bite, put the bowl inside the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a mini muffin pan really well with cooking spray, making sure to spray each mini muffin tin. * If you have two mini muffin pans then spray two of them. This recipe makes about 34 brownie bites and each muffin pan holds 24.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, or you can use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the brownie mix, egg, heavy cream, and melted butter until well combined. About 2 minutes.
- Roughly chop some of the remaining candy cane kisses to equal 3/4 cup of chopped pieces. Add them into the brownie batter and mix until combined.
- Evenly divide the brownie batter in the mini muffin tins. Each one will hold about 1½ tablespoons of batter. * I use a small cookie scoop to do this.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are set and toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. If there is wet batter on the toothpick then they need to cook some additional time.
- Remove the brownie bites from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place an unwrapped candy cane kiss into the top of each brownie bite. Let them cool for 10 minutes before removing the mini brownie bites from the pan, and onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cooled to room temperature.