CARAMEL APPLE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE
I think I may have a problem. I can't just eat a seasonal candy, I just have to stuff it inside a cookie.
You better just buy two bags of these candies because both of these caramel apple stuffed cookie recipes are to die for and must be made!
You can find these in the Halloween/Fall candy aisle. You can only buy them one time during the year so stock up 🙂 Whenever I see these Milky Way candies at the store, I make sure to snatch up a few bags of them.
I have always bought these at Target but this year when I went to go buy them, they were no where to be found at Target. Luckily, I have also found them at Walmart too.
I based this recipe off of my favorite snickerdoodle cookie recipe and then stuffed a caramel apple milky way inside of it. I used a small cookie scoop and pressed the candy inside of it and then formed it into a ball.
You want to make sure the candy is completely covered with the cookie dough. They should look like and be the size of a golf ball.
How to make caramel apple stuffed snickerdoodle cookies
Unwrap the caramel apple Milky Way candies and place them in bowl inside the fridge while you prepare the cookie dough.
Make the snickerdoodle cookie dough and mix some cinnamon & sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
Grab about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and flatten it out on your hand. Place an unwrapped Milky Way in the middle and bring up the sides to completely enclose the Milky Way in the middle. Roll in the cinnamon & sugar and place on the cookie sheet.
We think the best way to eat these is warm! You can't beat that soft cookie with the ooey gooey caramel and nougat in the middle.
I hope you make these and love them as much as we do. I ended up having to send most of these cookies with my husband to work because I lacked any sort of self-control around them. Which is about usual for me!
Try these other Caramel Apple recipes
Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30 Caramel Apple Milky Ways
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with silpat liner or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap candy and place into a bowl. Set bowl in the fridge while you prepare the dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a mixing bowl with a hand blender, combine butter and sugar. Beat together until combined and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla extract. Blend until combined.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add flour mixture into butter mix, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. The dough will be thick & crumbly but should hold together when formed into a ball.
- Combine additional sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or about 2 tablespoons of dough, scoop dough and stuff a caramel apple milky way inside. Form a ball around the candy, making sure to completely cover it. Roll the ball in the cinnamon/sugar mix and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes. I found 12 minutes to be the perfect time. Cookies will be puffy, won't spread much, and the edges will be a light golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These are best served warm but still yummy at room temperature. We have also warmed up leftovers in the microwave for a few seconds for a warm, melty treat.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥
Recipe was originally published October 2016.
It has been updated and republished September 2018.
Original photos below.