Chocolate chip cookie layered pudding dessert is almost no bake and takes just minutes to make. A layered pudding dessert of chocolate chip cookies, a cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding, and topped with Cool Whip. It’s the perfect dessert for summertime that’s loved by all.
This chocolate chip cookie pudding dessert is my new best friend. This dessert has single handedly gotten my kids to eat their dinner all week long. They knew that if they ate their dinner then they would get a piece of this dessert after dinner. And guess what?! It worked. They ate their dinner!
But I suppose if I knew this layered pudding dessert was waiting for me in the fridge then I would probably eat anything too 🙂 I am thinking that I need to start making this weekly just so they’ll happily eat their dinner. Good thing is, is that this dessert keeps so well in the fridge!
The base is some store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough. Press it into the baking dish and cook it. Once it’s completely cooled you spread a cream cheese and Cool Whip over it for the 2nd layer. On top of that, goes the pudding layer which is chocolate + vanilla pudding mixed together. Top it all off with more Cool Whip and that’s it.
Leave it in the fridge for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight. If you try to serve it right away or just within a few hours, it will be mush and not cut well at all. Trust me. So be sure to follow the refrigeration time in the recipe.
If you want to top it off, which I think you should cause it makes it look pretty, be sure and add that topping AFTER the refrigeration time. I learned this the hard way…. if you put the chocolate chips on top of the Cool Whip and then refrigerate it, the chocolate chips get wet and leave this brown liquid on top of the Cool Whip from the chocolate. Be sure to add the chocolate chip topping before serving.
Tips for chocolate chip cookie layered pudding dessert
- Top this dessert with mini chocolate chips or even some chopped up cookies. I am thinking those mini chips ahoy cookies would be a perfect topping. Or, make it easy and just use miniature chocolate chips. The mini ones are best because they are much smaller so you don’t have big chunks of chocolate chips in this softer, pudding dessert.
- I have never tried this with sugar-free pudding so I don’t know if it work. Try at your own risk 🙂
- You may be tempted to not use the half & half and just substitute with whatever milk is in the fridge, but trust me, you want that extra fat so the pudding mixture gets nice and thick.
- Keep in the fridge for 8 hours but preferably overnight. It’s the perfect make ahead treat.
- Any leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days after. Keep covered with saran wrap.
Layers of chocolate chip cookies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and Cool Whip. Perfect almost no bake dessert for summer bbq's and get togethers.
- 1 tube (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cartons (8 oz) Cool Whip, divided
- 3 cups half and half milk
- 1 small box chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- miniature chocolate chips for topping
Let the tube of cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften so it's easier to press into pan.
Heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
Press chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of the baking dish. It's easier if you cut the tube of cookie dough into 12 slices and then lay the slices in the pan, and then press them together to form the 1st layer.
Cook for 15-17 minutes and let cool completely.
In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until blended. Add in 1 tub of Cool Whip and mix together until blended. Spread onto the cooked and cooled cookie layer.
In a mixing bowl, add both pudding mixes and the half and half milk. Whisk together for several minutes until combined and starts to thicken. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it's very thick. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
Spread the other tub of Cool Whip on top for the 4th layer. You don't have to use the entire tub. Use however much you want. Cover with saran wrap and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours but preferably overnight.
Before serving sprinkle the top with miniature chocolate chips. Cut into squares and serve.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST