CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE LAYERED PUDDING DESSERT
I love layered pudding desserts. Especially this chocolate chip cookie layered pudding dessert with a chocolate chip cookie dough base, a sweetened whipped cream cheese layer, pudding layer, and then Cool Whip on top.
It's really the perfect thing to take to a summer gathering or get together. Plus it's so easy to make with store-bought cookie dough, instant pudding mixes, and Cool Whip.
HOW TO MAKE THIS LAYERED PUDDING DESSERT RECIPE
Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - This is the premade dough that comes in a log type roll. You will find it by the refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits in the grocery store.
Cool Whip - Yes, you can make your own whipped cream but be sure and add some type of sweetener to it. I like to use powdered sugar when I make my own whipped cream. If you make your own, you will need about 4 cups of whipped cream which is equal to 2 cups heavy whipping cream + about 1/3 cup (or more) of powdered sugar for a sweetener.
Half & Half Milk - This is just half milk + half cream and you need the extra fat to help thicken up the pudding so it forms nice layers in the dessert.
Chocolate Pudding & Vanilla Pudding - You will need the small boxes for this recipe. I have never tried sugar-free pudding mix so I don't know if it would work or not. Try at your own risk 🙂
Mini Chocolate Chips, Chopped Oreo Cookies, OR Chopped Chips Ahoy Cookies - These are for sprinkling on top of the dessert and they are completely optional. If you use a topping be sure and add it right before serving!
MY TIPS FOR THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE LAYERED PUDDING DESSERT
- I have never tried this recipe using sugar-free instant pudding mix so I can't say if it will work or not. Try sugar-free pudding at your own risk 🙂
- Please don't substitute the half & half with some other milk like whole milk or 2% or lower. You need the fat from the half & half milk to help make the pudding thick and set up in the layers.
- This dessert needs to be in the fridge for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Leftovers will keep well, covered, in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. It does not last much longer because the chocolate pudding starts seeping into the cookie dough base layer.
- Top this dessert with mini chocolate chips or chopped up Oreo Cookies or Chips Ahoy cookies. Whatever topping you use, DO NOT add it until right before serving. If you add it before the 8 hour refrigeration time, the cookies will get soggy and the mini chocolate chips get wet.
TRY THESE OTHER LAYERED DESSERT RECIPES
- chocolate raspberry cheesecake delight
- pumpkin cheesecake layered dessert
- lemon lush
- layered banana pudding dessert
- seven layer pudding dessert
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layered Pudding Dessert
- 1 tube (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cartons (8 oz each) Cool Whip divided
- 3 cups half and half milk
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- miniature chocolate chips or chopped Chips Ahoy cookies optional for garnish
- Let the tube of cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften so it's easier to press into pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Press chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of the baking dish. It's easier if you cut the tube of cookie dough into 12 slices and then lay the slices in the pan, and then press them together to form the 1st layer.
- Cook for 15-17 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until blended. Add in 1 carton of Cool Whip and mix together until blended. Spread onto the cooked and cooled cookie layer.
- In a mixing bowl, add both pudding mixes and the half and half milk. Whisk together for several minutes until combined and starts to thicken. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it's very thick. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the other container of Cool Whip on top for the 4th layer. You don't have to use all of it. Use however much you want. Cover with saran wrap and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Before serving sprinkle the top with miniature chocolate chips or chopped Chips Ahoy cookies. Cut into squares and serve.