This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE DELIGHT
This raspberry cheesecake delight dessert is so delicious and it’s so pretty. Don’t you just love pretty food? Three layers of deliciousness and topped off with an easy raspberry pie filling.
In my normal life (aka- not my food blogging life) I don’t make several desserts every week. I try and feed my kids good & healthy food, and *try* to limit the sweets and sugar.
Which is why I’m not sure what has gotten into me lately with all these no-bake dessert recipes. It must be the spring air and the thought that summer is just around the corner.
This no bake black forest cheesecake pie, this lemon pie and this family favorite Oreo pie are some of my more recent no bake desserts.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE DESSERT
- For the crust you will need some chocolate graham crackers, granulated sugar, and melted butter. I always use salted butter because it has the best taste. Crush up the crackers into fine crumbs, it’s easiest to do this in a food processor OR use a Ziploc bag and pound it, and then combine those crumbs with melted butter and sugar.
- For the middle cheesecake layer, you will need cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and powdered sugar. If you really don’t want to whip your own cream, you can substitute it with one 8 oz tub of Cool Whip. I highly recommend following the recipe and whipping your own 🙂
- The topping is simply a can of raspberry pie filling.
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- If you’re not a fan of raspberries then go ahead and use any canned pie filling. Just make sure it’s the same sized can as the one called for in the recipe. We love it with raspberry so I have never tried another flavor, but I think it would work out great.
- There are lots of graham cracker choices out there. I have seen vanilla, cinnamon, and then the regular graham crackers too. Get creative and use different crackers if wanted.
- I topped mine with some freshly whipped cream and then I also crumbled up some chocolate graham crackers to sprinkle on top of the whipped cream. This dessert does not need a topping (it’s amazing as is) but if you want to add some, then go ahead. To make it easy you could also use the spray can of whipped cream, or use some fresh raspberries for topping.
- Plan ahead to make sure that you get that minimum fridge time of 8 hours. I always make it the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight. Because this dessert chills in the fridge for so long, the layers get nice and thick, which makes it much easier to cut when it comes time.
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Delight
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 can (21 oz) raspberry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- To make the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl and combine together. Pour into the prepared baking dish and press evenly into the pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the filling: Pour heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand-mixer, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form and it's thick.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour it onto your graham cracker crust and gently spread out evenly over the crust.
- Top the cheesecake layer with the can of raspberry pie filling. Spread out evenly.
- Cover with saran wrap and let refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours or for best results refrigerate overnight.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
recipe inspired from this one that I found on Pinterest
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.
OMG. I want to try this and substitute the raspberries with strawberries. YUM!. Thanks fr the recipe.
You’re welcome Debbie. The strawberry pie filling sounds wonderful!
This looks delightful and refreshing. I live in Canada and have never seen raspberry pie filling?? Do you think it would be equally good with a layer of fresh berries instead?
Thank you for sharing.
I didn’t realize pie filling was an American thing. I find here by the prepared pie crusts in the baking aisle…. not sure if that helps at all. Fresh berries would be delicious on top. Or I bet there are recipes out there for homemade raspberry pie filling. It usually gets cooked on the stove top with some sugar and a little cornstarch to thicken it up.
Thank you. Oh, we have canned pie fillings but I have never seen raspberry. 🙂
Oh I see 🙂 You could use any pie filling. Strawberry, cherry, mixed berry. Any of those canned pie fillings would work. Or just fresh fruit like you mentioned, maybe cooked down with a little sugar and cornstarch. Once cooled add to the top.
Sounds delicious and it looks so refreshing, and easy! Can’t wait to try it this summer.
I have never bought raspberry filling. Are there seeds in it?
There will be some because the raspberry pie filling has raspberries in it. I would suggest buying a good quality pie filling as that will be much better. I forget the name brand off the top of my head but it’s the one that is in all grocery stores. Pie filling is one of those things that I suggest not buying store brands of.
I don’t have heavy whipped cream. Can i use just normal whipping cream?
Yes, that will work 🙂
Can you use cool whip instead of whipping cream in the cheesecake filling?
Yes you can ?
How much cool whip would you recommend? If you would beat one cup of heavy whipping cream, how much would that make, after beating?
Anytime you beat heavy whipping cream it doubles in volume. So one cup would equal about 2 cups whipped cream. You would be just fine using an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip. It’s about 2 cups I believe. Hope that helps. Enjoy ?
Can you use oreo’s for the crust instead of chocolate graham crackers? If so, would I need to adjust the recipe at all?
Oreos should make a great substitute. I believe you would leave everything the same. I have not tried it so I cant be sure but I am thinking it would work just fine.
I am a baker of all things fancy and complicated, but one day, I got a call in the morning that guests were coming over for dinner. I had just noticed this dessert on Pinterest and nervously decided to give it a try. Oh my gosh!!! It not only got rave reviews from our guests, but also my family. I’ve made it several times in the last few months, often using pre-made (oh my!) Oreo cookie crusts.
Without fail, it’s a winner with people thinking I slaved over it for hours. Thank you for this delicious, timesaving dessert recipe. Yum!!!
I LOVE hearing this! This is my entire goal with my blog and it makes so happy that you love this and that it’s been a hit. Have a great day 🙂
I am making this now and I put it in a springform pan to make a cheesecake, my spoon-licking tells me it is delicious – I just wish I would have known to double the filling to make it more full.
I still think it’ll be great, maybe it is just intended for yummy bars, not a whole cheesecake:)
Sounds yummy. I’ve never made this recipe into a cheesecake so I am hoping it turns out for you 🙂
Delicious….. just wish I doubled the cheese cake part.
How would you turn your simple but delicious cheesecake to chocolate using unsweetened cocoa?
I’ve never tried that (it sounds delicious!) but I would maybe add some unsweetened cocoa powder to the cheesecake mixture. You may need slightly more powdered sugar because of the bitterness of cocoa powder. I’m sure it would work, just experiment with the taste.
Chocolate and raspberries two of my favorite flavors This sounds so good to me (and fattening 🙁 ) that I even wrote the recipe down by hand. My printer is broken 🙁
This looks amazing — that texture looks absolutely perfect and I feel like raspberries don’t get enough dessert love the the summer months. Excited to try it!
I used two chocolate crumb premade pie crusts. It is great!
What a great idea with the two pie crusts. I may need to try that too!
If I use cool whip can I freeze the leftovers?)
You could try freezing leftovers. I personally don’t like to freeze anything with dairy in it (cream cheese) because it tends to separate. But some people don’t mind and love freezing dairy so you could for sure freeze leftovers if that’s what you prefer. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the recipe. I’m adding in mini chocolate chips. I’m using a spring-form pan also. It didn’t dawn on me the filling would be sparse, but oh well. ? Happy Easter ?
Our P.E.O. sells raffle tickets for a fund raiser for dessert of the month. I made this for the month I needed to provide the dessert. It was a big hit!! I didn’t want to let it go so guess I will be making more!! Yummy!!
I bought 2 ready made Oreo pie crusts. Made your cheese filling and folded in oreo minis and topped with homemade raspberry pie filling with raspberries from my garden. “Oh my god!” It’s the best! Thanks for the recipe!
Do you think it would be ok to make this two days ahead if sealed well and refrigerated?
I think it should hold up really well. Let me know how it turns out!