Fruit salad with a creamy lemon yogurt dressing. Fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and canned mandarin oranges are drizzled with a fresh lemon juice & lemon yogurt honey dressing.
FRUIT SALAD RECIPE
Now that fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple are more in season all I can think about when I walk through the produce is a fruit salad.
Lots of fruit salads call for marshmallows and maybe a pudding mix. I’m not a huge of that. Instead, I chose to make a creamy dressing of lemon yogurt, fresh lemon juice, and honey.
The honey brings out the fruits natural sweetness!
INGREDIENTS FOR A FRUIT SALAD
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Chopped Strawberries
- Mandarin oranges
- Lemon yogurt
- Fresh lemon juice
Simply chop up all the fruit and add it into a mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, combine the yogurt, fresh lemon juice, and honey. Give it a good stir and pour over the fruit.
Gently mix that all together and serve right away.
If you are planning on taking this somewhere or serving it at a later time. Mix up the fruit in the bowl and keep the dressing in a smaller bowl.
When it’s time to serve pour the dressing over the salad, stir, and then serve.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- Make sure that the fruit is well drained! I drain the fruit, one at a time, in a colander and then lay it on a paper towel. I then take another paper towel and place it on top of the fruit. This helps soak up any leftover liquid.
- Once you make the salad it needs to be served right away. As it sits out or in the fridge, it builds up liquid in the bottom.
- If you are taking this somewhere or serving it later, simply keep the chopped fruit on one bowl and the dressing in another bowl. When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the fruit, stir, and then serve right away.
- I have not tried this with other fruits but I am sure you could substitute whatever you wanted. Just be sure you follow the 2 cups for whatever fruit you use.
- You could also use a key lime yogurt + fresh lime juice + honey instead of the lemon. Or, use an orange cream yogurt + orange juice + honey for a creamy orange fruit salad. I personally love the lemon so that’s what I always use.
TRY THESE OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Avocado, Corn, Tomato Salad
- Caesar Pesto Salad
- Ranch Pasta Salad
- The Best Bean Salad
- Mango, Black Bean & Quinoa Salad
Lemon Yogurt Fruit Salad
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 kiwis, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) madarin oranges (drained really well)
- 1 container (6 oz) lemon yogurt
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
Add the strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, kiwi, and mandarin oranges into a large mixing bowl (or the bowl you're serving it in).
In a small bowl mix together the yogrt, lemon juice, and honey. Stir together well and pour over the fruit. Gently stir it all together and serve right away.
To make life easier, I always buy the cut pineapple spears in the produce area of the grocery store. It's faster than cutting and trying to take the skin off of a pineapple.
2 cups of chopped strawberries is about a one (1 lb) container of strawberries.
Serve right after making this salad! If you are not serving right away or taking it somewhere, leave the fruit in one bowl and the dressing in another. Combine together right before you're ready to serve.
Make sure all the fruit is well drained. After washing the fruit, I lay it on a paper towel and then use another paper towel to dab the fruit. This helps take off any extra moisture from the fruit.
If you want extra lemon flavor, zest the lemon before juicing it. I would not add too much lemon zest, maybe like 1/4 teaspoon. Zest can be bitter so don't add too much.
PIN this recipe to PINTEREST