French bread pizza is topped with jazzed up jarred pizza sauce, pepperoni, and lots of cheese. It’s a 30 minute dinner that’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
My kids love pizza. As I’m sure most do. I don’t make it often, well actually, I never make it. We’ll usually order out when we do pizza night. I have never found the perfect pizza dough and I am not that great with yeast breads.
We love a thick crust and this french bread pizza is the best way to get that thick & bready crust in under 30 minutes and with no yeast! If you prefer a thin crust, you may not like this as much. Plus, it cooks at such a high temperature so it gets a nice crisp on the outside.
This time around I used mini pepperonis because that is all the store had. I normally use the regular sized pepperoni but either works just fine. This pizza literally takes just minutes to make and the you let the oven do all the work.
It’s easy enough for even the kids to make completely on their own!
Slice a load of French bread in half (lengthwise) and spread some pizza sauce over both pieces. Sprinkle a seasoning blend of parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning over the sauce. Top with lots and lots of cheese and then finish with pepperoni.
Easy pizza with a thick and crunchy crust and lots of cheese. And it’s ready in 30 minutes with only a couple minutes prep time! Enjoy 🙂
French bread pizza is topped with jazzed up jarred pizza sauce, pepperoni, and lots of cheese. It's a 30 minute dinner that's perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
- 1 loaf french bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay both bread halves on cookie sheet and spread the pizza sauce evenly on both halves.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning. Mix together and sprinkle over the pizza sauce.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella and then finish with the pepperoni.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (to desired crispness). I cook mine for 22 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
I use the grated cheese that comes in the can with the green lid. I prefer that over the pre-shredded or freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST