INSTANT POT MINESTRONE SOUP
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is packed full of fresh veggies, beans, pasta, and a seasoned tomato & vegetable broth base. After some chopping it only needs to cook for 6 minutes in the Instant Pot.
If you're a fan of minestrone soup then you'll love my recipe for the best minestrone soup (made on the stove top) or this easy hamburger minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is best served with some dinner rolls to sop up that hearty savory broth.
HOW TO MAKE MINESTRONE SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT
Celery, Carrots, Onion, Zucchini - Be sure and cut all the veggies about the same size. To save some time buy some pre-chopped vegetables in the produce area of the grocery store. I prefer to chop my own. I also use baby carrots in this recipe which work perfectly because there is no need to peel them, and they are already small in size so all you have to do is slice them thin.
Garlic - Use fresh garlic cloves that have been minced or pressed. Use chopped garlic from a jar or use garlic paste from the tube. Any type of garlic will work just fine.
Petite Diced Tomatoes
Great Northern Beans
Light Red Kidney Beans - Dark Red Kidney beans will also work too.
Small Shell Pasta - I prefer the shell pasta but you can use any small shaped pasta. Like ditalini or even elbow would work.
Basil, Parsley, Oregano - These are all dried spices. No need to buy fresh herbs that cost a fortune.
TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES
- perfect instant pot baked ziti
- instant pot cashew chicken
- instant pot santa fe chicken burrito bowls
- instant pot honey chicken
- instant pot potato corn chowder
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) light red kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- Push the sauté button on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil, carrots, celery, zucchini, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the Instant Pot liner. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes to get the veggies softened. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot, stir together and cover with the lid. Set the knob to to the 'sealed' position. Press the 'soup' button or the 'manual' button and set the time for 6 minutes. *It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and then it will start the 6 minute cook time.
- When cook time is done do a quick release on the valve. Let the steam and pressure out. When ready, take the lid off and stir the soup.
- Stir with parmesan cheese if wanted. Leftover soup stores well in the fridge for about two days. The pasta tends to soak up the liquid once it's refrigerated so you may have to add a tiny amount of water or broth to it.