LUCKY CHARMS SNACK MIX
Lucky Charms just happens to be one of my kids' favorite cereals. It's a good thing because I always think of lucky charms as St. Patrick's Day nears.
We don't do much to celebrate besides the obligatory 'wear-green-or-you-will-be-pinched' and then I also like to do a small treasure hunt at the house after my kids get home from school. At the end of the treasure hunt is the pot of gold 🙂 I will usually try to find some rainbow candy for the surprise.
But now I am thinking that this lucky charms rainbow snack mix just might make an appearance this year for the treasure! It's such a yummy and bright treat with all the rainbow sprinkles and bright colored marshmallows.
HOW TO MAKE LUCKY CHARMS RAINBOW SNACK MIX
Lucky Charms Cereal - You will need an entire box (10.5 oz) for this recipe
Rice Chex Cereal
White Chocolate Chips - Make sure you are using and buying good quality white chocolate chips. I have found the store brand of white chocolate chips just don't melt as well. Splurge a bit and buy the name brand. Guiradelli or Guittard are my favorite.
Rainbow Sprinkles - Get the rainbow non-pareil rainbow sprinkles. They are the sprinkles that look like tiny balls.
Canola or Vegetable Oil - You just need 1 tablespoon for this recipe. It helps the white chocolate chips melt nice and smooth.
TRY THESE OTHER RAINBOW RECIPES
- rainbow marshmallow dream bars
- rainbow cupcakes with cloud frosting
- funfetti chex mix
- white chocolate funfetti pudding cookies
Lucky Charms Rainbow Snack Mix
- 1 box (10.5 oz) lucky charms cereal
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 2 bags (11 oz each) white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- rainbow non-parel sprinkles (the ones that look like little balls)
- Stir together the lucky charms and rice chex cereal in a very large mixing bowl. If you don't have a big bowl, then use two bowls and divide the mixture between the two.
- In a microwaveable-safe bowl or glass measuring cup, add the white chocolate chips and canola or vegetable oil. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. You may not need the full 3 minutes.
- Pour melted white chocolate into the cereal and mix together until all cereal is coated in white chocolate.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles all over the top and let cool. It will harden up as it cools. Break into chunks and eat.