Have you all had a sweet “cheese ball”? I hadn’t until I made this one for a football game, well, actually I make it for every single football game. It is so good. We LOVE watching football at our house 🙂
It’s basically a ball of egg-less cookie dough with cream cheese added in, hence the “cheese” part, and then you cover it in sprinkles, nuts, chocolate chips, or in this case mini m&m’s!
We love monster cookies at our house; oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, m&m’s. It’s like the best combination ever for a cookie. Dip some salty pretzels in it and it is heaven in a bite. So yummy! I just love how pretty all those cute, colorful mini m&m’s look. Whenever I have m&m’s I think of the movie ‘the wedding planner’ with Jennifer Lopez when she says she only eats the brown ones because ‘chocolate is already brown’ 🙂 I need to watch that movie again, it’s been a long time.
This recipe was inspired from this monster cookie dough dip. Which, that recipe is so good too, I’ve made it a lot. It’s loved by all and is so fun for parties, family gatherings, movie night, football games, or just for a sweet treat. My kids love this because they are obsessed with m&m’s. They actually don’t even eat the pretzel, they instead use it to scrape off the m&m’s. So, basically our cheese ball ends up with no m&m’s on the outside, because the kids eat that part. Speaking of how my kids are obsessed with m&m’s, the one thing that my son kept asking for for Christmas was a gigantic bags of m&m’s from Costco. Santa never brought it for him 😉 He was so disappointed.
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup quick oats [1-minute]
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini m&m's [you won't use all of them]
- Combine butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Mix with a handheld electric mixer until creamy and combined.
- Add in vanilla and brown sugar, mix.
- Add in powdered sugar, mix together.
- Mix in the oats and mini chocolate chips, with a wooden spoon.
- Form into a ball and place on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on the counter.
- Using your hand, lightly push and pat on the mini m&m's all over the cheese ball [not on bottom].
- Using both hands, pick up the sheet of wax/parchment paper and put onto your serving plate. Cut around your cheese ball with scissors to remove the extra wax/parchment paper.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- We like this served with pretzels. Apples, vanilla wafers would also be good.
** I find the mini m&m's down the candy aisle at Wal-mart and Target
If you love monster cookies as much as we do, check out this triple peanut butter monster cookies I created. I am actually making them today to send to my sister. I will have to sneak one because they are amazing and I have been dreaming about them since I made them for the blog. You should try them, and this cheese ball recipe too 🙂
Have a happy, fun & safe Memorial Day weekend.
Linked up at The Country Cook ‘weekend potluck’