No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars are for all the cookie dough lovers out there! If your favorite part of making cookies is the dough then you must make these chocolate chip cookie dough bars.
The best part of being a kid is taking finger licks of cookie dough, right? Adults too. Because lets be honest, it doesn't matter that I'm 33 years old or always on a diet, you can bet that every time we make cookies (which happens a lot 🙂 ) that I am taking a finger lick of dough.
For those that are worried about the raw egg in cookie dough, rest assured that these chocolate chip cookie dough bars have NO EGG in them.
There is raw flour and apparently that's a thing now. I did not know, until starting this blog, that there are some who refuse to eat cookie dough because of raw flour. Who knew?! Not me.
But if it's something you're worried about feel free to put the flour on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven. I don't know exact times and temperature. I do know, thanks to some *research* (aka- google), that baking the flour kills the bacteria that people are worried about.
I don't do this because I kind of grew up eating raw cookie dough and I think I turned out ok 🙂
You mix up an egg-free cookie dough and press that into a 9" pan. Melt some chocolate chips and spread it on top of the bars. Let refrigerate for about an hour so the chocolate can harden up. As these bars sit out at room temperature they get soft so be sure and keep them in the fridge.
I should also note that the cookie dough layer needs at least 4 hours of chill time in the fridge, so plan accordingly. These are perfect to make the night before you need them. Let the cookie dough hang out in the fridge all night and then put the chocolate topping on the next day.
These bars taste exactly like cookie dough and I'll warn you now that they are addictive! It's one of those treats that you find yourself taking small squares of through out the day. At least for me anyways, haha 🙂
I hope you love these! And if you are obsessed with cookie dough treats (like me!) then YOU MUST try this chocolate chip cookie dough fudge. Or if you're like my husband and want a real chocolate chip cookie then try this easy recipe for bisquick chocolate chip cookies. It's surprisingly one of our favorite versions for the classic cookie.
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
cookie dough bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and add half the flour (1 cup) then half of the condensed milk. Repeat again.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. It will be slightly sticky so lightly flour your hands, or lightly spray your fingers with cooking spray.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Make the chocolate topping by microwaving the chocolate chips for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Pour over the chilled cookie dough bars and sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips if wanted. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- Store bars in refrigerator. They will soften up after a few minutes of being at room temperature.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST