This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
This pumpkin bread almost didn’t make it on the blog. I’ve made lots of pumpkin bread in the last few weeks with no luck. They don’t cook all the way through, the recipe is all wrong, too much batter, or no taste.
Which is why when this idea for peanut butter pumpkin chocolate chip bread actually worked and cooked up to perfection I was so excited. And then my daughter who apparently was starving (10 minutes after lunch) took a knife to one of the loves to cut herself a piece. Or ten 🙂
Luckily I was able to still get decent photos. The picture below is actually strategically cut off because half the loaf was missing.
Soft, moist, perfectly spiced pumpkin bread with the added twist of peanut butter! Who knew peanut butter + pumpkin would taste so good together. I certainly did not. But it is so yummy. You’ll just have to try this bread and see for yourself.
My daughter was an excellent taste tester for this bread. She gave it two thumbs up! Which by the way is a really good thing.
That’s how my kids let me know if they like something. One thumbs up, two thumbs up, or sideways thumbs (which means they’re not sure), or thumbs down which is just bad.
Tips for making peanut butter pumpkin bread
It’s best to use regular creamy peanut butter and not the all-natural peanut butter. Natural peanut butter tends to make baked good dry. You need that oil and creaminess from regular peanut butter.
We prefer milk chocolate chips in this bread but you can use any kind you want. Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips are some options.
If the top is getting too browned, lay a piece of foil loosely over the bread pans to prevent it from browning too much while cooking. I did this for that last 20 minutes of the cook time.
This bread really is so yummy! It bakes up perfectly and has the most amazing taste. Give it a try for a fun twist to classic pumpkin bread. Also try this banana pumpkin chocolate chip bread this Fall as well. Or anytime really.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9x5-inch loaf pans by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- n a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir with a wire whisk to break up clumps.
- In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and peanut butter and stir together with a wire whisk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Smooth out the top and if wanted sprinkle some additional milk chocolate chips on top and gently press them down.
- Cook for 55-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Leave the bread in the pan for about 30 minutes and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Let loaf cool completely before cutting, otherwise it will be crumble and not cut cleanly.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST