All your favorites about monster cookies but in no-bake, egg free monster cookie dough bars! Peanut butter, oats, chocolate, and m&m’s. Everyone will love these easy and simple monster cookie dough bars.
MONSTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS
Monster cookie dough spread into a pan to make bars! The cookie dough has no-egg so it’s safe to eat.
Top them off with a milk chocolate ganache and mini m&m’s for a pretty sweet treat.
My kids love to snack! Most of the time they do something healthier like mandarin oranges, a banana, protein drink with milk, or a yogurt smoothie.
But other times they just want a sweet treat especially after school.
I have some go to snacks that I like to make them and some of them they can even make themselves. With some supervision of course. We love to make these mini chocolate chip muffins , oatmeal chocolate chip bread, or these family favorite applesauce muffins are always a hit.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- If you are worried about the raw flour then cook the flour in the oven before adding it in. I believe you spread it on a cookie sheet and bake for several minutes at 350 degrees.
- The quick oats are the preferred oats for this recipe. They are finer and hold the bar together better. Use old-fashioned oats art your own caution. They are a bigger, heartier texture oat and may make the bars not set up nicely and crumble.
- For less sweetness you can use semi-sweet chips for the topping instead of the milk chocolate chips. The bars as is, are not super sweet so I think the semi-sweet would just not be good at all, but you can experiment.
- I will often leave off the chocolate topping, just because it can get messy with little kids, and just do the cookie dough bars. We love it that way as well.
- Store the bars in the fridge. As they sit out at room temperature they do get very soft and harder to eat. I cut these into small squares, place them in a covered tupperware, and then we can just eat them straight from the fridge.
Monster Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup mini m&m's
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mini m&m's
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with tin foil or parchment paper. Doing this will make the bars easier to lift out and cut into squares.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat together with a hand mixer until combined and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat together until combined.
- Add flour, oats, and m&m's and beat on low speed until combined.
- Press into prepared pan.
- To make the topping: In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate and heavy cream for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. *It may not take the entire 2 minutes until it's melted. That's ok.
- Pour the milk chocolate over the cookie dough bars and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with remaining M&M's.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Lift the bars out by the overhang of the foil or parchment paper and cut into squares. Store the bars in the fridge.
idea adapted from dinner, dishes, and desserts