No flour Christmas Cookie Bars are loaded with oats, peanut butter, chocolate, and festive green & red mini m&m's. Thick, chewy bars that everyone loves!
CHRISTMAS COOKIE BARS WITH NO FLOUR
Christmas cookie bars are the most festive treat with red and green m&ms, peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips. No one can resist these soft-baked, thick, and chewy cookie bars.
They are also naturally gluten-free! This recipe has no flour in it thanks to the creamy peanut butter and all the oatmeal in them! I always love to make these bars for our cookie plates each year because they look so pretty and colorful and I've never meant a single person who does not like these.
For another super festive Christmas treat try Santa's Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. I've heard they are Santa's favorite treat 🙂
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIE BARS
Creamy Peanut Butter - It's best to use good ol' regular creamy peanut butter and not the all-natural stuff. All natural peanut butter tends to dry out baked goods which is why I suggest not using it.
Granulated Sugar & Light Brown Sugar - Lots have made these bars with less sugar and it's worked great. If that's something you are worried about then go ahead and reduce the sugars to ¾ cup each (or even to ½ cup). I make the recipe as is so I can't say for sure.
Quick Oats & Old-Fashioned Oats - I love the two texture of the different oats but you can use all of one kind if wanted.
Miniature Chocolate Chips
Christmas Mini M&M's - Use the regular sized Christmas m&m's if you can't find the minis.
TRY THESE OTHER RED AND GREEN CHRISTMAS TREATS
Peppermint Bark Pretzel Bites- Three easy ingredients are all you need for this easy recipe! Pretzels, candy cane kisses and peppermint m&m's.
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge - White chocolate, peppermint extract, and crushed peppermint candy canes make this fudge irresistible. It's also not too sweet thanks to the sour cream in the recipe! Super soft fudge that melts in your mouth.
Christmas Cookie Dough Cheeseball Dip - No egg and no flour in this sweet version of a classic cheeseball. Dip with mini cookies or pretzels.
No Roll Cake Mix Sugar Cookies- No rolling and no chilling needed for these sugar cookies that start with a cake mix.
Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies- Cheesecake cookies with lots of peppermint! Cream cheese makes these cookie so soft and fluffy.
Andes Mint Cookie Brownies - Homemade brownies stuffed with mint cookies and "frosted" with melted Andes mint chocolate candies.
No Flour Christmas Cookie Bars
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag (11 oz) Christmas mini m&m's mix
- Heat oven to 350°. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper, silpat liner, or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until fluffy and pale in color. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add in the oats and baking soda. Blend until combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and 1½ cups of the mini m&m's (reserve the rest for the top) and blend together just until combined.
- Dump the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula or back of a silverware spoon. If it's too sticky then spray your hands or the back of the spoon with cooking spray.Sprinkle the reserved m&m's and additional chocolate chips on top (if wanted). Press them down slightly into the dough.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.* The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale and underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools. They will be very soft and loose right out of the oven, but I promise they come together perfectly while cooling.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for AT LEAST 1 HOUR so the bars can firm up and come together. You do not want to over-bake these! They will be very soft and loose right out of the oven, but I promise they come together perfectly while cooling.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. These also freeze perfectly too.