If you have read my blog for any amount of time then you know that we LOVE anything and everything monster cookie! They are loaded with all our favorite things in life; oats, peanut butter, chocolate, and m&m's.
One of the most viewed and most pinned recipes on the blog are these no flour monster cookie bars. I also have this variation of monster cookies in a cheeseball dip, triple peanut butter monster cookies, and no flour monster cookies.
Today, meet my newest addition to all thing monster cookie....... Santa's favorite Christmas cookie bars with NO FLOUR. Perfect for those with gluten intolerance (check the oats before using) or those that just don't want all the flour that most desserts have.
Please don't get the no flour confused with healthy or low sugar. These are not low sugar 🙂 But, they're monster cookies and they are dessert so you have to expect some sugar. I get lots of complaints on the original no flour monster cookie bar recipe about how high the sugar content is.
If you're worried about it or want to reduce the sugar, just simply use less m&m's or mini chocolate chips OR reduce the white sugar and brown sugar. Lots of readers have reduced the sugar by half and still loved the outcome.
My favorite part about these no flour cookie bars is that they bake up perfectly each time! I've never had a bad batch. Plus, how could you resist a thick & chewy bar that's loaded with green and red Christmas colors.
Is it just me or does festive Holiday food taste better 🙂 I am a sucker for all the food and candy for each Holiday. I have to try and stay out of those aisles at Target because I would literally spend so much money on all the candy and stuff. It's all so cute and festive.
I wanted to be sure and post these Christmas cookie bars early on so that you'd be sure and find yourself a bag of the Christmas mix mini m&m's. You'll be able to find them at Target in the Holiday candy aisle. I have not been able to find it anywhere else, so get to Target (any excuse, right!) and buy a bag to make these cookie bars.
Better yet, buy two bags so you can make these again for Santa. I am pretty sure Santa would love some 🙂
Try these other Christmas treats
- Peppermint Bark Pretzel Bites
- No Roll, No Chill Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Dough Cheeseball Dip
No Flour Christmas Monster Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag (11 oz) Christmas mini m&m's mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper, silpat liner, or spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, or bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until fluffy and pale in color. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add in the oats and baking soda. Blend until combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and 1 1/2 cups of the mini m&m's (reserve the rest for the top) and blend together just until combined.
- Dump dough onto the cookie sheet and spread out with a spatula or back of a silverware spoon. Sprinkle the reserved m&m's and additional chocolate chips on top (if wanted). Press them down slightly into the dough.Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale and underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools. Let cool for AT LEAST 1 HOUR so the bars can firm up and come together. You do not want to over-bake these! They will be very soft and loose right out of the oven, but I promise they come together perfectly while cooling.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
This post was originally published December 2017.
It has been updated and republished November 2018. Recipe is the same.