All your breakfast favorites baked up in one easy casserole! This sausage breakfast casserole has eggs, hash browns, crumbled sausage, and 3 types of cheese. Serve as is or serve with warm tortillas and salsa.
One of my family’s favorite dinner is ‘breakfast for dinner’. This sausage breakfast casserole gets made often around here. It’s full of all the breakfast favorites; eggs, shredded hash browns, crumbled sausage, and 3 different types of cheese!
Lately I have been craving eggs like crazy. I’ll blame it on the pregnancy because last time I was pregnant with a boy, which was my first, I ate scrambled eggs every single day! This time around is no different. Eggs all day, every day seem to be my motto lately 🙂
So, it’s no wonder I was craving this the other night and luckily I was able to snap a couple pictures. Although, it’s really hard to take pictures of casserole type dish so just know that the pics don’t do this sausage breakfast casserole justice.
I always serve this with warm flour tortillas and salsa. We love making breakfast tacos out of these. Or, just eat it as is and it’s still delicious. You could also use any other toppings you want; sour cream, pico de gallo, avocado chunks, more shredded cheese, diced tomato. You can’t go wrong!
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, mild or regular
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz block) swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet pan over medium-high heat, cook sausage, diced onion, and salt until sausage is no longer pink. Crumble sausage as you cook it.
- While sausage is cooking, combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Once done, drain sausage mixture and add to the large mixing bowl. Stir together to combine.
- Dump into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is somewhat set (it should not be "jiggly" still and look "liquidy". It should be somewhat set).
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
‘PIN’ this image to Pinterest by hovering over it and the ‘pin it’ button will appear ♥ ♥
Want more breakfast ideas? Try these!