This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
This peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread has all of life’s essentials, right?! Peanut butter, banana bread, and chocolate. You really can’t get much better than that.
When I am feeling like lots of peanut butter I will even use peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips in this quick bread recipe. So yummy and perfect for peanut butter cravings (that’s a thing I am pretty sure because I get it all the time 🙂 ).
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER
This is an easy quick bread recipe to make. Mix up the dry ingredients in one large bowl like all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. You want to use a whisk to stir it up so there are no clumps in the flour.
In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Stir together (I use the same whisk from the dry ingredients) the mashed banana, eggs, peanut butter, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet into the dry ingredients and stir. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and then spread the batter into two 8×4-inch loaf pans. I like to then top each loaf with some additional chocolate chips.
MY TIPS FOR THIS QUICK BREAD RECIPE
– I read this tip years ago somewhere for when making quick breads in a loaf pan. After spraying the loaf pan take a paper towel and run it along all 4 sides of the loaf pan about 1/2″ down the side. By doing this you are removing the cooking spray which will help the bread not cling to the top edge and instead bake up and to the center, which will give you a nice raised domed loaf of bread after the bake time.
– For even more peanut butter goodness try substituting peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips!
– Because of the amount of batter it’s best to use two 8×4-inch loaf pans. You can also use 4-5 mini loaf pans as well. The mini loaf pans won’t need the long cooking time so check them at about 25-30 minutes for doneness.
– For a pretty presentation be sure and sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top of the bread batter before you bake it.
– This recipe has only been tested and made with creamy peanut butter. I have never made this recipe using crunchy peanut butter and all-natural peanut butters.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cup mashed banana about 3-4 bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened or sweetened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola OR vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (or try peanut butter chips!)
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray two 8x4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. * You can also use 4-5 miniature loaf pans instead. There is too much batter for just one 9x5-inch loaf pan so don't try and do that.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir with a whisk to break up any clumps.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the mashed bananas, applesauce, peanut butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a whisk (I use the same one from before) and mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Each pan should only be about halfway full. Sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top (if wanted).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cover loosely with foil (just lay a piece of tin foil over top the loaf pans) for the last 15 minutes of cooking so the bread does not get to browned. * The best way to check for doneness is to insert a toothpick in the middle to make sure no wet batter comes out. The toothpick should be dry or have crumbs on it.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes and then take it out and let cool on a cooling rack completely. Or eat a piece warm with butter! Yum!