Four ingredients are all you need for these super easy, quick to make, and delicious Peanut Butter Smores cookie bars! Get the kids involved and make this fun dessert in a matter of minutes. Tastes just like a toasty s’mores with peanut butter and chocolate candies.
EASY PEANUT BUTTER SMORES RECIPE
You can have toasty smores year round thanks to these easy to make peanut butter smores cookie bars!
4 ingredients, one pan, and a few minutes is all you need. Prepared cookie dough is the base of these smores cookie bars and it could not be easier. Pile on some mini marshmallows, mini m&m candies, and a simple chocolate drizzle.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough – This is the refrigerated stuff that comes in a roll by the biscuits and eggs at the grocery store. See picture above for a visual. Feel free to switch this up for a twist to the recipe. Use sugar cookie dough, chocolate chips, etc.
Miniature Marshmallows – Yes, you need to use the minis. Get yourself a bag and makes these!
Miniature M&M’s – I prefer the minis because they are the same size as the marshmallows but you can use the regular sized m&m’s as well with no problems.
Milk Chocolate Chips – Combine some milk chocolate chips with a little bit of oil to make the easy chocolate drizzle for the top. I prefer milk chocolate but feel free to use semi-sweet or dark chocolate depending on your preference.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY SMORES RECIPE
- To make the dough easier to spread out into the pan, cut it into slices and then lay the slices in the baking dish. Using your hands, press the slices together to form the cookie base.
- Try and let these cook for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to avoid a gooey mess. But if you don’t mind a gooey mess then these are divine when they’re warm. But they’re equally good after they’ve cooled.
- The chocolate will harden up slightly as the bars cool. Which helps avoid a chocolatey mess when cutting these.
- Feel free to change up the cookie dough base. Use whatever cookie dough you want in it’s place just make sure it’s the same size as the one listed in the recipe.
- You can also change out the chocolate drizzle. Use white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or even peanut butter chips instead.
TRY THESE OTHER SMORES RECIPES
- Smores Cookie Bars – Together as Family
- Smores Cookie Cups – Together as Family
- Smores Pizza – Six Sisters Stuff
Peanut Butter S'mores Cookie Bars
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) peanut butter cookie dough
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup m&m's (I use mini sized)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil (like canola or vegetable oil)
Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Cut the peanut butter cookie dough roll into slices and then lay slices on the bottom of the baking dish. Using your fingers, smoosh together the dough and spread out evenly in the pan. You may need to spray your fingers with cooking spray or dip your fingers in flour.
Cook for 14-16 or until cooked and lightly browned.
Immediately spread the marshmallows on top of the cookie dough and bake for 3 minutes, or until puffy and soft.
Turn oven to high broil and broil the pan for about 1 minute to get the marshmallows toasty brown.
Sprinkle m&m's over the marshmallows.
In small microwaveable bowl, heat chocolate chips and oil until melted and smooth, in 30 second increments stirring after each. Using a table knife or fork, drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
Let cool for 1 hour and cut into squares.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST