Smores Bars are everything you love about s’mores but in bar form and they require no campfire and no sticky hands!
I love smores in any form. Like these s’mores cookie cups (which I take to every single summer gathering) or these super easy peanut butter s’mores cookie bars. That classic combination of graham cracker, chocolate, and marshmallow is just amazing.
HOW TO MAKE SMORES BARS
Butter – I always use salted butter.
Graham Cracker Crumbs – Buy a box of graham cracker crumbs (found in the baking aisle) or crush your own using a Ziploc bag or a food processor.
Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars – These are the size that you get at the checkout stand (1.55 oz). You need 5 of them for this recipe.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SMORES BARS RECIPE
- I prefer to buy a box of graham cracker crumbs for this recipe. No extra dishes needed to crush them. Just measure and dump into the bowl. Of course you can just put some graham crackers into a Ziploc bag and crush them up that way. Or use a food processor.
- Don’t try and substitute the marshmallow cream with mini marshmallows. Trust me, it will not work. The mini marshmallows melt and dissolve during the oven cook time. The marshmallow cream stays intact so you still get that gooey, sticky marshmallow layer.
- It’s much easier to spread the marshmallow cream over whole Hershey bars, versus trying to spread the marshmallow cream over small squares of Hershey bars. So try and keep the chocolate bars full intact as much as possible.
TRY THESE OTHER BAR RECIPES
- monster cookie brownies
- no flour monster cookie bars
- chocolate chip cookie blondie bars
- oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter bars
- sugar cookie bars
- top 10 bar recipes
S'mores Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 Hershey Milk Chocolate bars 1.55 oz each
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. * I prefer to use parchment paper with the sides over hanging, that way when it comes time to cut you just lift the bars out of the pan and then cut into perfect squares that serve easily.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 1-2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Beat together on low speed just until combined. The dough will be crumbly and that's ok. Set aside 1 cup of dough for topping.
- Press the remaining into the prepared 9-inch square baking pan and press down to form a crust.
- Arrange Hershey milk chocolate bars over the graham cracker crust. You may have to break one or two into the square pieces to ensure that everything gets covered.
- Drop spoonful's of the marshmallow cream over the chocolate and then spread out as best as you can. It won't look pretty and that's fine. Sprinkle the reserved cookie dough on top and gently press down.
- Cook for 23-25 minutes. The edges will be golden brown. Let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- If you want a gooey chocolate s'more then serve within 30 minutes of making these bars after they've had a chance to cool down. As the bars get closer to room temperature the chocolate does get more solid. It's still delicious!