Come home to an Italian feast with this easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce! Take a few minutes to cook the ground meats and then everything gets thrown into the slow cooker. Serve with garlic bread and dinner is ready.
I sent my 1st grader off to his first day of school today. I always say how excited I am for school to start again, but then that morning comes and I turn into a big cry baby. I put him on the bus and walked home in tears. It’s always hard, for any parent, to send their child off for the entire day. My preschooler does not start for a couple more weeks so I will have the younger two to keep me company.
A back to school tradition that I started was to buy some of those glass soda bottles. I buy the root beer and cream soda because that is my kids’ favorite. After their first day of school we toast and celebrate with our glass bottles 🙂 It’s a fun little celebration they look forward to. I am now counting down the time until he gets home.
This slow cooker spaghetti sauce is a great meal for these busy weeknights. You cook some ground Italian sausage and ground beef, and then add it to the slow cooker along with everything else. Boil up some noodles and you’re set! of course, in my family I can’t serve spaghetti without some garlic bread. So don’t forget that 🙂
One tip I have for this is to buy the ground Italian sausage. You know the kind that comes in the tray and is plastic wrapped? Maybe it’s just me, but the Italian sausage that comes wrapped in a log taste so different and not as good, and the texture is a bit different too.
I hope you give this meal a try. It’s really easy and a family pleaser that everyone will love!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water or beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ground beef, Italian sausage, and 1 teaspoon salt until meat is no longer pink. Crumble as you cook it. Add it to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together until combined.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles.
Save this recipe and PIN IT to Pinterest ♥ ♥
Linked up at ‘The Weekend Potluck’