These egg muffin cups can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a healthy breakfast all week. Or make them for a weekend breakfast. Delicious, simple ingredients, and healthy!
If one of your New Year’s goals is to eat healthier (mine always is) then these egg muffin cups will be perfect for you. I love to make these at the start of the week so that I can have a healthy breakfast all week long. They’re especially good for those busy school morning when I’m trying to get the kids all off to school.
They can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for the week. Just take one or two out of the fridge and reheat them in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
It’s a simple mixture of eggs, milk, salt & pepper, red pepper, and spinach. You could of course change up the veggies to your favorites. These are also a great way to use up extra veggies that are sitting in the fridge. When I make these for my kids I leave out the spinach and add extra bell peppers because they love them.
I like to break the stem piece off of my spinach leaves. It's also really convenient to buy a bag of spinach leaves (by the bagged salads). Saves times and makes it easier.
I use 1/2 teaspoon salt and just a pinch of pepper.
- 7 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12-cup cupcake pan with cooking spray. This recipe only yields 8 muffin cups so only spray 8 of the cupcake spots. You want to spray enough cooking spray so the egg does not stick.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt & pepper and blend together with a whisk. Add in the chopped pepper and spinach, and the cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Pour the egg mix into the 8 muffin cups. The cups should be almost full.
- Cook for 20-23 minutes. The center should be set and they should be puffy.
- These puff up while cooking but once you take them out of the oven and they cool, they will go back down.
- Eat right away with some salsa or cool completely and store covered in the fridge for up to one week. To eat, reheat in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥