Classic spaghetti meatballs that happen to be so easy to make right in a slow cooker! Frozen meatballs, pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, and spices simmer all day for an at home restaurant taste.
SPAGHETTI MEATBALLS RECIPE
Anytime pasta is involved with dinner then it’s a guaranteed hit with my kids.
Which is exactly why I have made this easy spaghetti & meatballs recipes countless times. My kids eat it! Like I am talking 2-3 helpings. My oldest will ask for a plate of meatballs.
Yea, it’s not homemade-from scratch but it’s good food that I guarantee the family will love. And sometimes you just need a dinner like that!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS EASY SPAGHETTI DINNER RECIPE
- Frozen meatballs
- 3 cans of stewed tomatoes (Italian Recipe- aka the tomatoes with oregano, basil, and garlic)
- Tomato paste
- Jar of meatball spaghetti sauce (or any kind really)
- Spices- garlic powder, salt, basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, and pepper
- Cooked pasta of your choice & parmesan cheese for serving
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- A 12 oz package of meatballs comes with approximately 60 meatballs. So if you are using meatballs from a big bag (like Costco) use about 60 meatballs.
- You can use any pasta sauce you want! I always use the meatball pasta sauce from Prego cause I think it tastes the best and more meatballs!
- This does really well on the warm setting of your slow cooker. So don’t worry if you’re not home right away when it’s done cooking. Just serve when you’re ready.
- You don’t have to blend up the tomatoes but it’s preferred so you don’t have those huge chunks of stewed tomatoes in your sauce. Stewed tomatoes have so much more flavor than just diced tomatoes. So the flavor is what we want not necessarily the huge chunks of tomato.
- The mixture in the crock pot before cooking may seem like it has too much liquid, but don’t worry because as it cooks it will thicken thanks to the tomato paste.
TRY THESE OTHER FAMILY FAVORITE SLOW COOKER DINNER RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
- Chicken Taco Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Chicken
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz) Meatball Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 bag (12 oz) Frozen Meatballs (about 60 meatballs)
Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
In a blender, combine the undrained cans of stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Blend until combined well. Pour into the slow cooker.
Add the jar of spaghetti sauce and the frozen meatballs. Stir together. Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours.
It does well on the WARM setting once the cook time is done.
Serve with hot cooked pasta of choice, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsle if wanted.
The small 6 oz can of tomato paste is plenty for the 1/4 cup. There will be a tad bit extra in the can.
Prego makes the meatball spaghetti sauce. You can use any sauce you want, the meatball is the best one (we think anyways!).
PIN THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST