This no bake coconut pistachio cream pie is the perfect summer dessert. No oven needed! It’s so easy to make with a toasted coconut crust and two layers of creamy and cool pistachio pudding and whipped cream.
Pistachio is one of those flavors that whenever I see it I just have to get it. Whether it’s ice cream, gelato, cake, frosting, pudding, muffins or whatever else, I just have to try it.
It’s the cool and creamy flavor that is so good. Or maybe it’s the pretty pale green color.
With warmer temperature everyone (or maybe just me 🙂 ) has no-bake, easy, creamy, and cool desserts on their minds. All the potlucks, bbq’s, and picnics need a sweet treat.
This coconut pistachio cream pie is the perfect dessert to take to a gathering or for a sweet dessert after dinner.
My favorite part is the toasted coconut crust. No heavy crust. It’s just simply toasted coconut + melted butter. That’s it! Put that in the fridge to set up and then add a layer of instant pistachio pudding, and then top it off with whipped cream and some coconut extract.
It really is so simple and easy to make.
Leave it in the fridge for a few hours and then serve.
This no bake coconut pistachio cream pie is the perfect summer dessert. No oven needed! It's so easy to make with a toasted coconut crust and two layer of creamy and cool pistachio pudding and whipped cream.
- 1 bag (7 oz) coconut flakes (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1/3 cup melted butter butter or coconut oil
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- To make the coconut crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dump entire bag of coconut flakes onto a baking sheet (do not spray with cooking spray). Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the coconut is golden brown. Combine the toasted coconut and melted butter in a bowl. Mix together and then press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. I reserve 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut for garnish on top of the pie. Put the pie crust in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the cream: Combine whole milk and pistachio pudding mix in a mixing bowl and whisk together until thick. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Put 1 1/2 cups of the pudding into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Add the 1 cup whipped cream into the remaining pistachio pudding, and the coconut extract. Whisk to combine together and spread into the pie evenly.
- Put pie in the fridge for 3-4 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with additional whipped cream or Cool Whip, toasted coconut, and chopped pistachios (if wanted).
You can use 1 cup Cool Whip or you can whip your own. You will need 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to get 1 cup whipped cream. To whip the cream, pour heavy whipping cream in a bowl with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (to sweeten it) and beat until stiff peaks form. About 2-3 minutes.
I always use 1 cup heavy whipping cream and then beat it until stiff peaks form. I use 1 cup for the pie and then use the extra whipped cream to pipe on top of the pie for garnish.
Reserve 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut for garnish on top of the pie.