Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie is an easy dessert recipe that starts with a store-bought frozen pie crust! So simple to make with a flaky pie crust, sweet cheesecake layer, juicy strawberries, and a milk chocolate drizzle over top.
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe
This chocolate strawberry cream pie recipe is a show stopper dessert that no one will ever guess how easy it is to make it. With only 6 ingredients, one being a frozen pie crust, it's a quick dessert to whip up and it can be made ahead of time too.
A flaky pie crust filled with a sweet cheesecake and then topped with halved strawberries and drizzled with milk chocolate.
It's a light and fluffy dessert that does not feel heavy at all. Which makes it perfect for a delicious summertime dessert. Or anytime!
What You'll Need
This pie recipe is made with simple ingredients.
- Frozen Pie Crust - You want a frozen 9-inch pie crust for this recipe. Bake it according to package instructions and let it cool completely before adding the cheesecake layer.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - No substitutions for this one! You want that thickness, richness, and fat from the heavy cream to help the pie set.
- Cream Cheese - I prefer to use the full fat cream cheese when making this pie but the light cream cheese will work if that's what you prefer.
- Granulated Sugar - No this will not make the pie grainy tasting. It just adds the perfect sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries - The strawberries need to be halved so that they can lay on top of the pie.
- Milk Chocolate Chips - The milk chocolate pairs perfectly with the strawberries and cheesecake.
- Shortening OR Oil - You can use shortening, canola or vegetable oil for this. It creates a smooth texture for the chocolate, like a silky texture, which helps it drizzle nicely over the strawberries.
How To Make Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie
Making this chocolate strawberry cream pie is so simple to make!
Bake the Pie Crust : Bake the crust according to package directions. Be sure and let it cool completely before adding the cheesecake layer inside of it.
Beat Heavy Whipping Cream : Add the heavy whipping cream into a bowl and beat it, starting at low speed and increasing as needed, until stiff peaks form. This will take about 3-4 minutes of constant beating.
Make Cheesecake : Add softened cream cheese into a bowl and beat just until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the whipped cream into it and stir together until combined. Spread evenly into the cooled pie crust.
Strawberries : Halve the strawberries, from the stem down, so you have a flat side. Lay the strawberries down on top of the cheesecake layer.
Refrigerate : Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. You can also make it the day before and let it refrigerate overnight.
Serve : Make the milk chocolate drizzle and drizzle it over the strawberries right before serving.
Tips For Success
There are a few extra tips that will hopefully help you make this recipe.
- Make Ahead Dessert : This pie can easily be made the day before. Just don't add the chocolate drizzle over top the strawberries until ready to serve. Let the pie with the cheesecake and strawberries (covered in plastic wrap) sit in the fridge overnight. I would not make it more than a day ahead of time, just to ensure the crust does not get too soggy before serving and that the strawberries stay fresh.
- Don't Substitute the Heavy Whipping Cream : Absolutely no substitutions for the heavy whipping cream. You want the fat and richness to help the pie set up and for it to be able to "whip" when beating.
- Milk Chocolate Drizzle : To make a pretty drizzle, put the melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag and snip a tiny section of the corner off. Drizzle the chocolate in circles over top the strawberries. You can also use a fork to do more of a "free style" drizzle if wanted.
There are a few changes that you can make to this pie. I make it per the recipe but there are a few things you can do to change it up.
- Homemade Pie Crust : I know some would rather not buy a pie crust and that's totally fine. Feel free to make your own pie crust to use in this recipe in place of there store-bought.
- Strawberries : We love the larger chunks of strawberries but it can make it hard to cut slices of the pie. If wanted, you can chop the strawberries up smaller instead of halving them.
- Reduce Some Calories : You can use the ⅓ less fat cream cheese if wanted in this recipe. I use full-fat regular cream cheese because it has better flavor and helps the pie thicken and set.
What To Do With Leftovers
Leftovers keep well, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days. Any more time and the chocolate gets wet, from the condensation from the fridge, and the strawberries can start to bleed into the white cheesecake layer.
More Pie Recipes
Black Forest Pie - A chocolate crust with vanilla and chocolate cheesecake layers and topped with cherry pie filling on top of each slice.
Chocolate Cream Pie - A no bake pie made with easy with chocolate pudding inside a chocolate crust. Top it off with whipped cream and milk chocolate curls.
Raspberry Cream Pie - Graham cracker crust with a cheesecake layer and then topped with a homemade raspberry filling.
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust (9-inch pie crust)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 strawberries halved
- 1 tablespoon shortening OR oil
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Cook pie crust according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in sugar and vanilla extract. Blend together well.
- Using a rubber spatula pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well to combine together.
- Spread into the cooled pie crust.
- Arrange strawberries, cut side down, over top.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours so the pie can thicken and set up.
- Right before serving make the chocolate drizzle. In a microwaveable bowl combine shortening or oil and chocolate chips. Microwave for 2 minutes (may need less time) stirring every 30 seconds until silky and melted together.
- Drizzle over the strawberries and serve. If you would rather serve the pie with the glaze hardened, refrigerate the pie until the chocolate glaze is hardened. Which won't take long.