This chocolate strawberry cream pie is a showstopper dessert that no one would believe how easy it is! A simple, 6 ingredient cream pie inside a store-bought cooked crust, and piled high with juicy red strawberries with a milk chocolate drizzle. This pie is the best!
There are few times in life when I wish that words on a computer could just jump out and yell at the reader to "make me now!" This my friends is one of those times. I wish I could go to each and every one of you reading this post and tell you to make this chocolate strawberry cream pie. Because it's honestly, hands down, my family's favorite dessert ever.
It's ridiculously simple to make and so incredibly yummy. Like so yummy that I am having a hard time finding the words to describe it's yumminess 🙂
The recipe calls for a store-bought crust and I realize that some don't like buying the store-bought crusts, but in this pie it works. I always buy the frozen deep-dish pie crust and it's so good. I never thought I would say that about a store-bought crust but it really is.
Besides, the star of the show is that sweet cream pie topped with strawberries and drizzled with milk chocolate.
This pie is also great to make ahead of time. I like to cook and cool the pie crust in the morning and then make the filling, top with strawberries and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving. You can do the chocolate drizzle ahead of time but the chocolate will harden up in the fridge. If you want the silky, smooth chocolate then drizzle it on top of the pie right before serving.
Either way you can't go wrong!
I hope you try this out! It's a creamy, almost no-bake pie that tastes so light and delicious. Plus, strawberries are coming into season so take advantage of it and make this pie.
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 store-bought pie crust (9-inch pie crust)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 strawberries halved
- 1 tablespoon shortening OR oil
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cook pie crust according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in sugar and vanilla extract. Blend together well.
- Using a rubber spatula pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well to combine together.
- Spread into the cooled pie crust.
- Arrange strawberries, cut side down, over top.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours so the pie can thicken and set up.
- Right before serving make the chocolate drizzle. In a microwaveable bowl combine shortening or oil and chocolate chips. Microwave for 2 minutes (may need less time) stirring every 30 seconds until silky and melted together.
- Drizzle over the strawberries and serve. If you would rather serve the pie with the glaze hardened, refrigerate the pie until the chocolate glaze is hardened. Which won't take long.