BAKED BEAN AND BEEF CHILI
Not even the hot summer temperatures can stop me from making this baked bean and beef chili recipe. So simple to make with only 4 ingredients!
I realize it’s not really chili weather at the moment but if you’re anything like me then the hot temperatures won’t stop you from making an easy and delicious dinner for your family.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BEAN AND GROUND BEEF CHILI
Ground Beef – You need 2 pounds of ground beef for this recipe. I normally use the lean ground beef but you end up draining the meat anyways so it really won’t matter much.
Garlic Powder, Cumin, Onion Powder – Some seasonings for the ground beef to cook in.
Original Baked Beans – These are the larger 28 ounce sized cans of baked beans.
Chili Seasoning Packet
MY TIPS FOR THIS EASY CHILI RECIPE
– Serving this baked bean chili topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, and Fritos corn chips is a must! I always say that chili worth is eating is always topped with those three things.
– You could try switching up the baked bean flavors in this chili. Just make sure that you are adding the same sized cans that is called for in the recipe.
– If wanted, this can easily be made in the slow cooker. Brown and crumble the ground beef with the seasonings. Drain and put into the insert of the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW heat for about 6 hours. More or less depending on how hot your slow cooker gets.
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
- ground beef queso chili
- the best classic chili
- white bean turkey chili
- crockpot southwest chicken chili
- taco ranch chicken chili
- buffalo chicken chili
Baked Bean & Beef Chili
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans (28 oz each) original baked beans (do not drain)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until no longer pink. When meat is halfway cooked, add the garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. Crumble meat as it cooks. Drain grease.
- Add the cans of baked beans, tomato juice, and chili seasoning packet. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with Fritos corn chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.