Baked Bean Chili is an easy, 4 ingredient chili recipe that is sweet & spicy! Sweet baked beans, lean ground beef, tomato juice, and seasonings make this chili so quick and easy to make. Don't forget the corn chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream!
BAKED BEAN CHILI
This baked bean chili is my favorite version of chili! And the best part is that you only need 4 ingredients + seasonings and only one pot to make this. Loaded with ground beef, chili seasoning packet, tomato juice, and sweet baked beans.
Don't forget to top it with Fritos Corn chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream. I always buy a bag of Fritos when I am planning on making chili. It's the perfect "secret ingredient" if you want amazing chili. Of course feel free to leave off the toppings but trust me, they're delicious on top this baked bean chili recipe.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BEAN CHILI
Ground Beef - You need 2 pounds of ground beef for this recipe. I normally use the lean ground beef but you end up draining the meat anyways so it really won't matter much.
Garlic Powder, Cumin, Onion Powder - Some seasonings for the ground beef to cook in.
Original Baked Beans - These are the larger 28 ounce sized cans of baked beans. You could also use 4 cans (15 oz each) if you can't find the large cans of baked beans. I always use original baked beans.
Tomato Juice - This can be found in the juice aisle at the grocery store. Tomato juice is not the same as V8 juice so make sure you are getting tomato juice for this recipe.
Chili Seasoning Packet
MY TIPS FOR THIS EASY CHILI RECIPE
- Serving this baked bean chili topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, and Fritos corn chips is a must! I always say that chili worth is eating is always topped with those three things.
- You could try switching up the baked bean flavors in this chili. Just make sure that you are adding the same sized cans that is called for in the recipe. I prefer to use the original baked beans but I know they have lots of different flavors of baked beans in the store.
- If wanted, this can easily be made in the slow cooker. Brown and crumble the ground beef with the seasonings. Drain and put into the insert of the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW heat for about 6 hours. More or less depending on how hot your slow cooker gets.
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
- ground beef queso chili
- taco chili recipe
- the best classic chili
- crockpot chili
- crockpot southwest chicken chili
- taco ranch chicken chili
- buffalo chicken chili
Baked Bean Chili
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans (28 oz each) original baked beans do not drain
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- Brown ground beef in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until no longer pink. When meat is halfway cooked, add the garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder. Crumble meat as it cooks. Drain grease.
- Add the cans of baked beans, tomato juice, and chili seasoning packet. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with Fritos corn chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.