This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili cooks in the slow cooker and only needs a few pantry staple ingredients! It’s a dump & go chili with chicken, vegetables, beans, and lots of flavor. No chopping or prep work needed for this easy chili recipe.
CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
This taco ranch chicken chili is one of my very favorite dump & go slow cooker recipes because there is no chopping or prep work required!
You quite literally dump everything into the crock pot and walk away. No fuss. No pre-cooking. Just easy!
Whenever I see a recipe that says it’s “easy” but then it has like 4 different veggies to chop… well it’s definitely not easy. But this chicken chili is. I promise. If you want another really simple recipe with no prep work needed like chopping, then try my popular recipe for 7 can chicken taco soup.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR TACO RANCH CHICKEN CHILI
Chicken Breasts – You need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR about 2 pounds of chicken. If the chicken is a normal size then use 4, but if they are larger (like Costco or Sam’s Club size) then 2 would be plenty.
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – I have tried this recipe with low-sodium and regular chicken broth, and it was too salty with the regular chicken broth so I suggest using low-sodium chicken broth for this recipe.
Black Beans – If you don’t like black beans then feel free to substitute with any bean you prefer.
Chili Beans – These are pinto beans in a mild chili sauce. They are labeled on the can as ‘chili beans’. Do not drain them because you want that chili sauce.
Petite Diced Tomatoes – Regular diced tomatoes are just fine. I just prefer the smaller chop of the petite diced tomatoes especially for soups and chili recipes.
Taco Seasoning Packet
Ranch Seasoning Packet
HOW TO SERVE CHICKEN CHILI
I like to set out toppings in bowls on the dinner table along with the pot of chili. Then everyone can make their own bowl or eat the chicken chili as is with no toppings. Here are some ideas for toppings.
- sliced avocado
- black olives
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno slices
- shredded cheese
I find that when kids can make their own food (aka – use their hands to top their chili) then it’s more likely that they will happily eat it. Three out of four of my kids claim that they hate beans, but yet when I serve this and let them make their own, they don’t seem to mind the beans one bit!
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
- baked bean & beef chili
- taco chili
- the best classic chili
- one pot creamy white chicken chili
- 8 can chicken chili
- spicy white bean chicken chili
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 can (14.5 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans do not drain
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomaotes do not drain
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cover with lid and let cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before end of cook time, take out the chicken and shred with 2 forks. You could also just shred the chicken inside the crock pot if wanted. Add the shredded chicken back in and let cook for the remaining 1 hour.
- Serve with all your favorite toppings.