Taco Ranch Chicken Chili cooks in the slow cooker all day and takes just minutes to prepare. No chopping required! Serve chicken chili with all your favorite toppings.
CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
I just love recipes that you can throw in the crock pot in the morning and then come home to a house that smells amazing and makes you hungry for dinner.
It’s one of my favorite things ever. Nothing makes a place feel like home more than that smell of dinner cooking away in the kitchen.
This taco ranch chicken chili is one of my very favorite dump & go slow cooker recipes because there is no chopping or prep work required! You quite literally dump everything into the crock pot and walk away. No fuss. No pre-cooking. Just easy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR TACO RANCH CHICKEN CHILI
- Chicken Breasts – You need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR about 2 pounds of chicken. If the chicken is a normal size then use 4, but if they are larger (like Costco or Sam’s Club size) then 2 would be plenty.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – I have tried this recipe with low-sodium and regular chicken broth, and it was too salty with the regular chicken broth so I suggest using low-sodium chicken broth for this recipe.
- Black Beans
- Chili Beans – These are pinto beans in a mild chili sauce. They are labeled on the can as ‘chili beans’. Do not drain them because you want that chili sauce.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Frozen Corn
- Taco Seasoning Packet
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
HOW TO SERVE TACO RANCH CHICKEN CHILI
I like to set out toppings in bowl on the dinner table along with the pot of chili. Here are some ideas for toppings:
- sliced avocado
- black olives
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno slices
- shredded cheese
I find that when kids can make their own food (aka – use their hands to top their chili) then it’s more likely that they will happily eat it. 3 out of 4 of my kids claim that they hate beans, but yet when I serve this and let them make their own, they don’t seem to mind the beans one bit 🙂
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
- baked bean & beef chili
- the best classic chili
- easy pantry chili
- 8 can chicken chili
- spicy white bean chicken chili
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili
You'll love this taco ranch chicken chili that cooks in the slow cooker all day! Tender chicken loaded with vegetables, beans, and plenty of flavor. Only a few pantry staple ingredients is all you need for a satisfying dinner that is so comforting. Be sure and load it up with all your favorite toppings.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomaotes (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
Cover with lid and let cook on low for 7-8 hours.
About 1 hour before end of cook time, take out the chicken and shred with 2 forks. You could also just shred the chicken inside the crock pot if wanted. Add the shredded chicken back in and let cook for the remaining 1 hour.
Serve with all your favorite toppings.
Calorie count does not include any toppings. It's for one serving of soup which is about 1 1/2 cups - 2 cups. Soup serves 8.
If you want more heat add a can of diced green chilies and/or use a can of Rotel (aka- diced tomatoes w/ green chilies). Or you can use a packet of hot taco seasoning.