CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
This taco ranch chicken chili is one of my very favorite dump & go slow cooker recipes because there is no chopping or prep work required! You quite literally dump everything into the crock pot and walk away. No fuss. No pre-cooking. Just easy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR TACO RANCH CHICKEN CHILI
- Chicken Breasts – You need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR about 2 pounds of chicken. If the chicken is a normal size then use 4, but if they are larger (like Costco or Sam’s Club size) then 2 would be plenty.
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth – I have tried this recipe with low-sodium and regular chicken broth, and it was too salty with the regular chicken broth so I suggest using low-sodium chicken broth for this recipe.
- Black Beans
- Chili Beans – These are pinto beans in a mild chili sauce. They are labeled on the can as ‘chili beans’. Do not drain them because you want that chili sauce.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Frozen Corn
- Taco Seasoning Packet
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
HOW TO SERVE TACO RANCH CHICKEN CHILI
I like to set out toppings in bowl on the dinner table along with the pot of chili. Here are some ideas for toppings:
- sliced avocado
- black olives
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- jalapeno slices
- shredded cheese
I find that when kids can make their own food (aka – use their hands to top their chili) then it’s more likely that they will happily eat it. 3 out of 4 of my kids claim that they hate beans, but yet when I serve this and let them make their own, they don’t seem to mind the beans one bit 🙂
TRY THESE OTHER CHILI RECIPES
- baked bean & beef chili
- the best classic chili
- easy pantry chili
- 8 can chicken chili
- spicy white bean chicken chili
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drain & rinse)
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans (do not drain)
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomaotes (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cover with lid and let cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before end of cook time, take out the chicken and shred with 2 forks. You could also just shred the chicken inside the crock pot if wanted. Add the shredded chicken back in and let cook for the remaining 1 hour.
- Serve with all your favorite toppings.