Let the slow cooker do all the work for you so you can come home and enjoy a warm bowl of this creamy white chicken corn chili for dinner! Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips. So creamy, hearty, and full of delicious flavors & spice.
I already have this White Chicken Chili on the blog and it’s one of our favorites! I love this version equally because it cooks in the slow cooker (hello! easy dinner), the chicken gets super tender and falls apart, and I love how thick & creamy it is (thanks to the cream cheese & heavy cream 🙂 )
This creamy white chicken corn chili is so delicious topped with some sour cream, shredded Monterey jack cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. It’s seriously so good and makes for excellent leftovers. Not all foods make good leftovers, but this one is an exception to that.
Forgive me if the blog is quiet for the next few days. I had the posts this week lined up and all scheduled to go while we are in the hospital having baby #4! But, I’ll be honest and say that I did not prepare more posts (other than the ones this week) so hopefully I will get back into the kitchen soon and have more recipes for you all.
If you want a spicy version add more chili powder, add some cayenne pepper, and you can use a hot can of chopped green chilies. The recipe as written is not spicy, just flavorful, and my kids ate it fine.
I like to blend the can of green chilies with one can of chicken broth so there are no green chili chunks in the chili. We prefer it that way. Either add the can in or blend it with some chicken broth, depending on your preference.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Lay chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle the spices over top.
- Add the onion, garlic, chicken broth, beans, green chilies, and corn. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Let cook for about 30 minutes longer or until the cream cheese is melted and everything can be stirred together until creamy.
- Serve with shredded monterey jack cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST ♥ ♥