Caramel pumpkin bundt cake is so moist, perfectly spiced and topped with a homemade salted caramel frosting. You will love this pumpkin cake!
PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
I just love the month of November! I can finally start Christmas shopping without getting weird looks from my husband. And, all the packages that show up on the door get me so excited for Christmas.
But I can’t forget about Thanksgiving because it is my favorite Holiday. Lots of food, family time, and just good memories made every single year.
This caramel pumpkin bundt cake would make a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table or just make it because it’s Fall and because you will just die when you try it!
It’s a simple pumpkin cake recipe that bakes up perfectly moist and spiced in a bundt pan. The best part is the homemade caramel brown sugar frosting that is probably one of the best things I’ve eaten.
My tips for making this recipe
- It’s best to use full-fat sour cream for this cake. It has more flavor, it’s thicker, and full fat is always best for baking.
- Be sure and spray your bundt cake liberally with cooking spray. That way the cake just comes right out!
- The recipe calls for butter in the caramel frosting, please use salted butter. The frosting is pretty sweet so you need the additional salt in the butter.
- Make sure to cool the cake completely before frosting it so that way the frosting does not just melt off.
- The frosting hardens up fairly quickly so be prepared to immediately frost the cake when it’s done.
Try these other caramel recipes
Caramel pumpkin bundt cake is so moist and flavorful topped with a homemade salted caramel frosting. You will love this pumpkin cake!
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bundt pan by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a mixing bowl with handheld blender, add the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and sour cream. Beat together until combined.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Blend together until just combined and no flour pockets remain.
Pour into the prepared bundt cake pan and cook for 45-50 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure it's cooked. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs.
** I like to lay a piece of foil over the cake during the last 20 minutes of the cook time so that it does not over brown. This is optional.
Let cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes and then invert the bundt pan onto a cooling rack to let the cake cool completely before frosting.
Combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring the mixture to a boil and once boiling turn heat to low and let simmer for 3 minutes. Do not stir during the 3 minute cook time.
Pour the caramel into a mixing bowl and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so it can cool to lukewarm.
Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, beat together until combined and frosting-like consistency. If it is too thick/crumbly, add more heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired frosting is reached. I usually have to add 2 additional tablespoons of cream.
Immediately drizzle or pipe the frosting over the cooled pumpkin cake. The caramel frosting hardens up rather quickly so be ready to spread it over the cake right when it's done.
Save this recipe and PIN IT to PINTEREST