Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bar Bites are the perfect no bake snack that only need 5 ingredients! Easy to make and the perfect bite-sized treats that even kids will love.
These granola bites are the perfect treat! My kids love these chocolate peanut butter granola bites as an after school snack and more often than not, I find myself popping a few of them too. They are so delicious, crunchy, and remind me of a no bake chocolate oatmeal cookie.
No baking and only 5 ingredients needed to make granola bites with cocoa powder and creamy peanut butter.
If you love bite-sized snacks then be sure and try my 4 ingredient energy oatmeal balls. Same idea but made with mini chocolate chips instead of the cocoa powder. You will also love this homemade coconut oil almond granola recipe too.
INGREDIENTS FOR GRANOLA BITES
Creamy Peanut Butter
Cocoa Powder - I use the unsweetened cocoa powder that you find in the baking aisle.
Cocoa Krispies - Like Rice Krispies but the chocolate version.
These chocolate peanut butter granola bar bites are so easy to make! One bowl is all you need. Make sure it's a microwave-safe bowl. I also like to warn people that yes these will be slightly sticky when you're rolling them into balls. It does have honey in it after all and honey is sticky.
- Melt the peanut butter and honey in a microwave-safe bowl. Doing this makes it easier to mix in the other ingredients.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until it's all combined.
- Add the quick oats and then cocoa Krispies and mix until combined.
MY TIPS AND HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING GRANOLA BITES
- These granola bites are so good after they have sat in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Not sure what it is but every time I sneak a bite while making them they just don't taste that great. But once you roll them into balls and let them refrigerate they are like amazingly delicious and no one can get enough of them. I think the cocoa powder needs time to combine with the other flavors so you don't have the bitter cocoa taste. So be sure and refrigerate!
What kind of peanut butter should I use?
- I have only ever used creamy peanut butter in this recipe. I stay away from using all-natural peanut butter in baked goods because it tends to dry out stuff and it's not as creamy as the real stuff (like Jif, Peter Pan, Skippy, etc). But others have had great success with using all-natural peanut butter in recipes. So I would suggest sticking to the recipe and using creamy peanut butter but as always, go ahead and try something and see how you like it.
Do I have to use quick oats or can I use regular old-fashioned oats?
- Again, this is kind of the same answer as the peanut butter. I have only ever used quick oats because they are a finer texture and hold the balls together better. You could try using old-fashioned oats and it would definitely provide more texture to the granola bite. I think either one would work but I only use the quick oats when I make these.
How long will granola bites last?
- These never last longer than like 2 days at my house! But with the ingredients that are in them I think they would be great for about 5-6 days in the fridge. But trust me, I think you will be making another batch sooner than that 🙂
What if I can't find cocoa Krispies cereal?
- I have always been able to find this cereal but if you are having trouble finding it then there are few substitutes. There is a generic brand from Malt-o-Meal cereal brand and they have what is called Cocoa Dino-Bites which will work perfectly in this recipe. You could also try using Cocoa Pebbles if needed.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bar Bites
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup cocoa krispies cereal
- Add the peanut butter and honey into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Add the quick oats and cocoa krispie cereal. Stir together until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or just a spoon, take about 1 tablespoon of granola mixture and roll into a ball. Place rolled granola bites on a plate.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before eating or serving. They taste much better once they've refrigerated.
- Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for 5-7 days. If they last that long!