BEEF TACO PASTA SKILLET RECIPE
One pot and skillet dinner recipe like this beef taco pasta skillet are my favorite recipes. So simple to make and everything cooks on the stove top in one pan!
Ground beef, pasta, taco seasoning, salsa, and beef broth cooks in one skillet pan and then it's topped with cheese. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings for an easy and kid-approved dinner.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY DINNER RECIPE
Water & Taco Seasoning - I use a packet of mild taco seasoning but feel free to use a spicy taco seasoning or regular.
Reduced-Sodium Beef Broth
Dried Pasta - Use a smaller shaped pasta like penne, elbow, shell, etc.
Shredded Cheese - Use as much or as little as you want! I love Colby Jack cheese but you could also use Pepper Jack for some heat.
Taco Toppings - Sour cream, avocado, guacamole, olives, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, etc. The options are endless.
MY TIPS FOR THIS ONE POT GROUND BEEF DINNER
- If you want it spicier then use a spicy taco seasoning, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to the ground meat, or you can also add a can of diced green chilies into the skillet pan.
- This skillet dinner is very easy to customize. Add a can of drained corn. A can of drained and rinsed beans.
- Be sure you are using a small or mini sized pasta so it will cook. Use a shell pasta, elbow, penne, mini sized pastas, etc.
- If wanted add some additional seasoning in with the packet of taco seasoning. A good place to start is 1/2 teaspoon of each onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
TRY THESE OTHER ONE PAN SKILLET DINNER RECIPES
- Skillet Turkey Taco Pasta
- Turkey Taco Rice Skillet
- Crispy Chicken Skillet Burritos
- BBQ Beef Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Skillet Cashew Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet
One Pan Beef Taco Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups dried small pasta
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese any variety
- In a skillet pan with a lid and sides, brown ground beef over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the taco seasoning, water, beef broth, and salsa. Stir together until combined. Add in the dry pasta and stir to make sure the pasta is covered in the liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add half of the cheese and stir into the pasta and beef. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover with the lid so that the cheese melts.
- Serve with all your favorite taco toppings.