Delicious chocolatey, chewy, Oreo filled brownies with an easy cookies n’ cream candy bar as frosting! You could even make this easier by using a boxed brownie mix!
One of our favorite treats are these homemade brownies. They are *almost* as easy as a boxed brownie mix. One bowl, a whisk, and a spatula is all you need. You don’t even need to pull out the big, heavy mixer for them.
The cookies n’ cream candy bars are also my daughters favorite. Like ever! She loves them so much that one of her “rewards” for staying in her bed all night is that she gets a tea party with one of these candy bars the next day. We call them ‘tea party chocolate’ 🙂
I saw this recipe on Pinterest and while I am not a fan of red velvet….. I kept thinking how insanely GENIUS it is to put a candy bar on top of the brownies right after they come out, let it soften, and then spread it around with a table knife. As the brownies cool and sit out, the candy bar frosting layer will harden back up. My mind is racing with all the ‘candy bar frosting’ possibilities!
I mean, seriously! Drool. And, in my opinion, you cannot have anything cookies n’ cream without Oreo cookies. Naturally, I had to stuff Oreo cookies between the brownies 🙂
- 1 recipe Homemade Brownies
- 8 Hershey's (1.55 oz) Cookies n' Cream candy bars
- Oreo cookies
- Prepare brownies as directed by recipe. Use either the brownie recipe above, your own favorite recipe, or a box of brownies.
- Pour half the brownie batter into your baking dish and spread it around. Layer Oreo cookies (your desired amount) over the frosting. Top with remaining brownie batter and gently spread it around over the Oreo cookies.
- When brownies are done cooking, take them out and let them sit for 2-3 minutes while you unwrap the chocolate bars. Place cookies n' cream bars on top of the cooked brownies. You may have to break some pieces to cover all the brownie with the candy bar.
- After 10 minutes the chocolate will soften enough that you can use a table knife and spread it around.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
If you are making a full brownies recipe (9x13 pan) you will need 8 candy bars. If you half the recipe (8x8 pan) you will need 4 candy bars
The cookies n cream candy bars are the checkout stand size ones
Today’s Friday. So, I think it’s totally appropriate to celebrate with these beauties. Have a great weekend friends!