This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
OREO COOKIES CREAM BLONDIE BARS
We are huge Oreo lovers in my house! These Oreo cookies cream blondie bars always hit the spot and they are loaded with Oreo cookies and chopped up cookies n’ cream Hershey chocolate bars.
They’re really the perfect blondie bar. Soft-baked, thick, chewy, crisp edges with a soft center!
HOW TO MAKE OREO BLONDIES
Melted Butter – This is the trick to getting crispy edges and a soft-baked center. I love the addition of melted butter in this blondie bar recipe.
Oreo Cookies – I love to use the mini Oreo cookies that come in the $1 snack packs. They always have a bag of them in the cookie aisle. Or just chop up regular Oreos.
Hershey Cookies n’ Cream candy bar – You will need 3 of these candy bars. It’s a white chocolate bar with cookie pieces in it. Find it at the check-out stand.
MY TIPS FOR THIS BLONDIE RECIPE
– Reserve some of the chopped Oreo cookies and cookies n’ cream chocolate bar pieces to sprinkle over the top of the blondies before you bake them. This will give you that pretty presentation like you see in the picture above.
– You need three of the cookies n’ cream chocolate candy bars (checkout stand size). It’s a white chocolate bar with cookie pieces in it.
– You will know when they are done because the edges will be slightly golden brown and wrinkled looking. As the bars cool in the pan they will set up nicely. You don’t want to overbake these.
– The recipe calls for melted and cooled butter. Here is an easy way to get that. Place unwrapped butter sticks in a microwave-safe bowl and let it cook in the microwave for 30-35 seconds. You will end up with half melted butter and then half super soft chunks of butter. Take a fork and stir it together until everything is melted. This ensures that the butter is melted but it’s also cool enough to use right away.
TRY THESE OTHER BLONDIE RECIPES
- chocolate chip cookie blondies
- cadbury mini egg blondies
- easy blondie recipe
- white chocolate blondies
Oreo Cookies & Cream Blondie Bars
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter melted & slightly cooled
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
- 1 cup chopped Hershey Cookies n' Cream candy bars about 3 check-out stand sized bars
- Heat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with tin foil or parchment paper. ** It is easier to cut the bars if you can lift them out of the pan so I recommend using the parchment paper or tin foil, which has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray to ensure no sticking.
- In a small mixing bowl add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to break up any clumps.
- In a bowl with a handheld blender, or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add melted butter and brown sugar. Beat together for 1-2 minutes until lighter in color and fluffy looking.
- Add in 1 egg and beat together until combined. Add the other egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined and no flour pockets remain. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies and cookies n' cream chocolate. ** Reserve some to put on the top of the bars before baking (if wanted).
- Evenly spread out the batter in the prepared baking dish. It's easier if you just drop spoonful's of it all over the baking dish and then spread it out, rather than try to spread it out from one pile in the middle. Sprinkle the reserved Oreos and chocolate pieces (if wanted) on top of the bars and gently press down.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes. The edges will be light golden brown and look "wrinkly" and the middle will look pale and puffy.
- Let the bars cool completely and then cut into squares. These do freeze well. I put some in a freezer safe Ziploc bag.