Oreo Cheesecake is so easy to make thanks to a prepared Oreo pie crust, an easy no bake cheesecake filling in chocolate and vanilla cream, and loaded with Oreo cookies!
It’s no secret that I LOVE no bake pies. They’re cool, light, and so perfect for summer get togethers, picnics, and BBQ’s.
I grew up hating Oreos and it was not until my mid 20’s that I actually ate one. I did not like how Oreos left all the black crumbs in my mouth and teeth, so I just never ate them for the longest time.
But I am pretty sure I have made up for lost time with all these Oreo dessert recipes. This Oreo cheesecake just might be my favorite.
This Oreo Cream Pie is also a favorite at my house. Our oldest usually requests it as his birthday cake. I think he inherited his mom’s dislike of a traditional birthday cake 🙂
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR NO BAKE OREO CHEESECAKE
Oreo Crust. Make your life easier and just buy it. I honestly like the store bought crusts better because they hold their shape and they’re not crumbly. But yes, of course, if you wanted you can make your own Oreo crust.
Sour Cream. Yes weird, but it’s what makes this taste like cheesecake and it helps tone down all the sweetness.
Cream Cheese. Because cheesecake 🙂
Cocoa Powder. This is what makes that creamy chocolate layer in the pie.
Cool Whip. Yes whip your own if you want, of course it will be delicious. But the Cool Whip will save time and still taste amazing.
Granulated Sugar. Powdered Sugar. Vanilla Extract. Sweeteners for the cheesecake filling and chocolate filling.
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- The Oreos will soften up as the pie sits in the fridge. I don’t mind this at all and will usually make it the night before I need the pie. But, if you’re worried about it, just refrigerate the pie for the minimum time of 6 hours before serving. The Oreos will still have some texture to them.
- With that said, don’t let soft Oreos turn you awasy from this pie. We were still eating leftovers on day 4 of this pie and it was still amazing. Soft Oreos and all 🙂
- For best results use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream. The taste is a million times better when using the full fat, real versions. The lite cream cheese and sour cream have weird additives to make up for the less fat and calories. Which I *think* make it taste odd.
- If you want to get real fancy, buy a pack of regular Oreos and a pack of the Chocolate Oreo cookies. Use regular for the vanilla cheesecake and chocolate for the chocolate cheesecake filling. I’ve done this and while it sounds cool, you can’t really taste or see the difference so I just stick with the regular chocolate Oreo cookies for this pie.
- If you prefer homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip – combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream + 1/4 cup powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until stiff peaks form. About 4-5 minutes. Add to recipe as called for.
TRY THESE OTHER OREO DESSERT RECIPES
- Oreo Cookies & Cream Blondie Bars
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookies & Cream Oreo Pudding Cookies
- Mint Oreo Fudge
- Triple Layer Oreo Pudding Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake Pie is so easy to make thanks to a prepared Oreo crust, an easy no bake cheesecake filling in chocolate and vanilla cream, and loaded with chocolate Oreo cookies!
- 1 (6 oz) store-bought Oreo crust
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups chopped Oreo cookies (regular or chocolate oreos)
- additional chopped Oreos or mini Oreo cookies
- whipped cream
Add cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Beat together until combined well and creamy. Add in the Cool Whip and beat together, or use a spatula, until it's combined and mixed well.
Divide the mixture in half. Just eyeball it, no need to measure. Keep half of it in the same mixing bowl and place the other half into a separate mixing bowl. Set aside.
Add 1 cup of the chopped Oreo cookies to one bowl. Stir and spread evenly into the prepared Oreo crust.
To the other half; add the cocoa powder & powdered sugar. Stir together until combined. Add the remaining 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies and stir. Spread this into the pie crust on top of the white Oreo cheesecake filling.
Cover the pie with the enclosed lid (from the crust) and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight is fine too.
Serve with additional whipped cream and chopped Oreos, if wanted. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days!
Make sure the cream cheese is softened to avoid lumps in the cheesecake mixture. Place unwrapped bar onto a plate and microwave for 30 seconds.
This pie does not need any garnish but if you're going for looks then whip some additional heavy whipped cream, use additional Cool Whip, or a spray can of whipped cream. Top with chopped Oreos or a mini Oreo cookie.
I make this pie the night before and let it refrigerate overnight. That works fine or make sure you refrigerate it for at least 6 hours before serving. It needs time to get cold and firm up like a cheesecake.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST