ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
If you're not familiar with brussels sprouts they are little cabbage like vegetables. When they are roasted in the oven they get this crispy and charred exterior that is so delicious.
I usually just make a meal out of these oven roasted brussels sprouts. They are so good and I am betting even the brussels sprouts haters will end up loving these!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Fresh Brussels Sprouts - I always buy the already packaged bag of brussels sprouts at the grocery store. You will find it by the salad bags and other vegetables. The end will have a knob, which I always cut off, but you don't have to.
Parmesan Cheese - You can use any kind you want. The pre-shredded stuff, the grated stuff in the can, or you can shred your own. Shredded Parmesan cheese tends to burn easily in the oven. I usually use freshly shredded Parmesan cheese or the cheaper grated stuff in the can.
Salt & Pepper
TIPS FOR ROASTING BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Try as much as possible to not have the brussels sprouts touching or on top of each other. You want them spread out on the baking sheet so they get that nice crisp and char on the outside. If you use a pan that is too small or they are touching, you will end up steaming them instead of roasting.
- You can use fresh garlic if that's what you prefer.
- You can buy brussels sprouts that are already trimmed OR buy the regular, untrimmed bunch of brussels. Make sure you take the outer skin layer off (it's usually dirty and damaged) and trim the knob off the end of the end.
- The brussels do need to be cut in half. It's an extra step and requires a cutting board and knife, but you need them halved so they will get that crispy, charred outside all around.
TRY THESE OTHER SIDE DISH RECIPES
- parmesan roasted potatoes
- slow cooker creamed corn
- crock pot sweet carrots
- roasted maple cinnamon sweet potatoes
- cheesy scalloped potatoes
- roasted parmesan green beans
Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts (trimmed & halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Very lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine brussel sprouts (that have been halved and ends trimmed) with the remaining ingredients. Toss together to coat all the brussel sprouts.
- Spread onto the cookie sheet making sure they are not touching.
- Cook for 16-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe originally published September 2017.
It has been updated and republished April 2020.