CROCK POT TURKEY SLOPPY JOES
These Crock Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes are just pure magic. As if sloppy joes were not good enough on their own, let it cook in the slow cooker for hours and it makes a sloppy joe amazing!
I love that this recipes uses ground turkey and I absolutely love how the crock pot makes the meat so tender and full of flavor.
HOW TO COOK SLOPPY JOES IN THE CROCK POT
Onion - Use any kind you prefer. A yellow onion or white onion are good ones to use.
Salt & Pepper
Condensed Tomato Soup
MY TIPS FOR THIS SLOPPY JOE RECIPE
- Have you ever tried putting plain potato chips on your sloppy joes? If not, you should try it! The crunch and the saltiness adds so much. I never serve sloppy joes without chips.
- I also like to spread both sides of the hamburger bun with butter and then toast them in the oven for just a few minutes on low broil. If you're feeling fancy, then add a piece of cheese and let it melt!
- The sloppy joe meat does well on the warm setting once it has cooked. Which means that it's the perfect meal to leave on the warm setting and let people eat as they can.
- This recipe serves 6 sloppy joes but can easily be doubled if necessary.
Crock Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a skillet pan, over medium high heat, cook ground turkey, onion, green pepper, celery, salt & pepper until meat is no longer pink. Break up into crumbles as you cook it. Drain. Add into the crock pot insert.
- Add the tomato soup, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in with meat and stir together until combined. It may seem like there is not enough liquid but trust me, it's good. Don't add any additional liquid.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours. After the cook time is over it can be on the 'warm' setting for a few hours if needed.
- Scoop out sloppy joe mixture with a slotted spoon. Serve on hamburger buns.
- If wanted, spread the hamburger buns with butter OR cooking spray and place under a high broil in the oven for about 1 minute. Can also add a slice of cheese if wanted.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY CROCK POT DINNER RECIPES
- slow cooker fiesta chicken (serve over rice w/ toppings)
- mongolian chicken
- crock pot fritos taco bowls
- asian sesame chicken (4 ingredients!)
- crock pot cream cheese chicken chili