Throw a few ingredients in the crockpot, set the timer and walk away! So easy and the results will amaze you. Tender cooked chicken in a sweet teriyaki sauce. Serve over rice and you have a delicious family meal.
I absolutely love easy & simple dinners that everyone in the family enjoys. I know it’s a family-approved recipe when there is silence at the dinner table because everyone is busy eating 🙂 Normally, our family dinners are full of milk spilling, silverware dropping, whining about how the food looks, asking for us to blow on their food to cool it down, and crying because they have to eat their dinner. I love my kids to death, but dinnertime can be stressful.
I have made this teriyaki chicken dozens of times and I can always count on it to be a hit. It’s really easy to throw it all in the crockpot, go about your day, and then serve it up over rice for dinner.
We like this served with some green onion as topping. My kids like to sprinkle sesame seeds onto their chicken, and if that’s what gets them to eat all their dinner, I’ll take it. The sesame seeds are not needed, I would say the green onions are for flavor, but I just sprinkled some sesame seeds on for the picture (presentation counts when you have to take a picture 😉 ). I hope you get a chance to try this. It’s delicious!
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Spray inside of your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place your chicken breasts into the pot. I suggest using fresh, but if you're using frozen, make sure they are completely thawed.
- In separate bowl, combine the water, brown sugar, soy sauce, granulated garlic, and sesame oil. Stir together and pour over the chicken in the crock pot. Cover. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When the chicken is done, remove from crock pot and put onto a plate.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water. Pour into the crock pot and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Take two forks and shred the chicken. Put the shredded chicken back into the crock pot. Cover, and let cook an additional 30 minutes to thicken.
** Sesame oil can be found in the Asian aisle at the grocery store. It will be by the soy sauce.
recipe found here