This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
GREEN CHILI TURKEY TACOS
Green chili turkey tacos made with healthier ground turkey, green chilies, chopped onion, taco seasoning and chopped olives! A delicious twist to traditional ground beef tacos with loads of flavor.
We love these ground turkey tacos with green lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream. They’re good topped with just about anything.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN CHILI GROUND TURKEY TACOS
Onion – Use any onion you prefer. White, yellow, sweet vidalia, or even a red onion would all be great.
Diced Green Chilies – If you want some added spice then be sure and use ‘medium’ or ‘hot’ green chilies. I always use mild so my kids will eat it. I also like to throw the green chilies into a blender and blend them until smooth. My kids don’t like the chunks in food so this is a way to help that. This is totally optional!
Chopped Black Olives – Yes it seems weird but trust me, it’s so delicious and gives a nice salty taste to the tacos. You don’t even have to use the entire can of olives. Maybe just add half the can if you’re unsure about black olives.
Taco Seasoning Packet & Water
HOW TO SERVE GREEN CHILI TURKEY TACOS
– My family’s favorite way to eat these are in crunchy corn taco shells. It’s best if you warm up the shells according to package directions so they get warm and toasty. It really brings out the corn flavor and gives the shells extra crunch.
– Serve in flour tortilla for soft tacos.
– Use leftovers for cheesy quesadillas
– Topping for nachos
– Make burrito bowls with the meat. Base layer is rice, add some meat, and then all your favorite taco toppings on top.
TRY THESE OTHER TACO RECIPES
- baked ground chicken tacos
- slow cooker chicken enchilada tacos
- creamy salsa verde honey lime chicken tacos
- slow cooker queso chicken tacos
- fish tacos
- black bean, rice & vegetable tacos
- easy taco casserole
- taco soup
Green Chili Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (2.25 oz) chopped black olives drained if needed
- 12 corn taco shells or flour tortilla for soft tacos
- chopped green lettuce
- chopped roma tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a pan, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, ground turkey, and chopped onion. Cook and crumble ground turkey until no longer pink and cooked through. Drain grease and extra liquid.
- Add the packet of taco seasoning, water, diced green chilies, and black olives. Stir together and let it come to a boil. Once boiling turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve in corn taco shells (or flour tortillas for soft tacos) and top with all your favorite taco toppings. Lots of shredded cheese is a must!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to see it! You can share it with me on @togetherasfamilyblog and follow on Pinterest @together-as-family-blog-recipes or Facebook @togetherasfamilyblog for more!
recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Did you love this recipe?
Make sure to comment below so we can chat about it! Or follow on your favorite social network for even more family recipes.
This looks and sounds delicious! Making it tonight and pinned the recipe for future meals!
Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy! It’s one of my family’s favorite quick & easy dinner. Thanks for pinning ☺️
We enjoyed this very much; very flavourful!