Fish tacos made easy using crunchy frozen fish sticks. Mix up an easy black bean & corn salsa and an avocado cream. Top with shredded cabbage and wrap it up in a corn tortilla! No one will ever know how easy these are and that they start with frozen fish sticks.
These easy fish tacos are one of our favorite meals. You wouldn’t even know that the fish is actually frozen fish sticks! And, trust me, the corn & black bean salsa and the avocado cream add so much flavor to dress up the frozen fish.
Combine the corn, black beans, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1/2 a lime, and some cilantro in a mixing bowl. Either serve it right away or make it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge until it’s dinner time.
The avocado cream is really the star of the show. Only 5 simple ingredients and a few seconds in the blender is all it takes for this flavorful and creamy sauce for the tacos. Drizzle on top or smear on the tortilla before adding your fish and toppings.
We prefer these with corn tortillas. Use this tip to get the tortillas nice and warm: place a stack of tortillas on a plate. Lightly dampen a paper towel with water and cover the stack of tortillas completely with the paper towel. Microwave for 30-50 seconds until warm and pliable. We like to double up on the corn tortilla to prevent breaking.
I hope you try these. I always make the avocado cream and the black bean & corn salsa earlier in the day and leave in the fridge until diner. That way, all I have to do is cook the fish sticks and then dinner’s on!
- You can either shred your own cabbage (which I have no clue how to do) or just make it really easy and buy the bag of pre-shredded cabbage near the bagged salad mixes in the grocery store.
- Cook the fish for the maximum time called for on the box. You want the fish nice & crispy. Not burnt, just crispy 🙂 I would also suggest turning the fish half way through the cook time so that both sides can get browned and crispy.
- 1 avocado, cut in half and seeded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 a lime, squeezed
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 can yellow corn, drained well
- 2 roma/plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a lime, squeezed
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- pinch of kosher salt
- corn tortillas
- fish sticks
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- To make the avocado cream combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. You may have to add some milk to help combine it all. Not too much because you don't want it runny. You want it thick and creamy.
- To make the black bean & corn salsa combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Either serve the cream and salsa right away with the fish tacos or prepare ahead of time and keep in fridge.
- Prepare fish sticks according to package instructions.
- Warm up the corn tortillas.
- Make the fish tacos by layering the cabbage, fish, salsa, and avocado cream on top of a corn tortilla.
‘PIN’ this image to save for later ♥ ♥ ♥ Thank You!
If you want more easy dinner ideas well then check these out!