Maple Pumpkin Pie is pumpkin pie sweetened with pure maple syrup! Such a delicious twist to the classic pie. Top off the pie with homemade maple whipped cream. It's the perfect pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving.
PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
Why have traditional pumpkin pie when you can have this maple pumpkin pie instead? Everything you love about pumpkin pie but with the addition of rich, deep flavored pure maple syrup. I am not talking about pancake syrup here. This is the real maple syrup and it's the "secret ingredient" that I never knew was missing in pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie is one of my very favorites but I am more of a fan of the twists to pumpkin pie like this no bake marshmallow pumpkin pie.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE WITH REAL MAPLE SYRUP
9 Inch Pie Crust - This can be homemade, store-bought, or use the refrigerated pie crusts. Anything works for this recipe.
Maple Syrup - Not pancake syrup. This is the real, 100% maple syrup that you can find by the other syrups at the grocery store. It is more expensive but you need it for this recipe. There really is no substitute.
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Salt
Top off each slice (or the whole pie) with some homemade maple whipped cream. Simple mixture of heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.
MY TIPS AND HELPFUL HINTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Use pure maple syrup for this recipe. DO NOT use regular pancake syrup. Just don't. Pure maple syrup is expensive but it's so worth it and you can use it to make lots of other recipes for the Holidays. Scroll down to see a list of recipes that use maple syrup which are perfect for the leftovers you will have.
- Pumpkin pie needs to be cold and chilled when you serve it. Make sure you plan ahead so it has time to refrigerate before serving. I always make all the pies the day before Thanksgiving that way they have plenty of fridge time.
- Garnish the top of the pie with crushed pecans if wanted. I like to serve pretty food so I always do but you can easily leave them off.
- Use any pie crust you want. Homemade pie crust, store-bought frozen crust, or the refrigerated pie crust.
- I would highly suggest getting a pie ring for making this pie. It's a ring that only covers the crust around the pie therefore preventing it from over browning during baking. You can also lay tin foil over just the pie crust along the outside of the pie. You can find these anywhere (Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc).
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES THAT USE PURE MAPLE SYRUP (PERFECT FOR THE LEFTOVER MAPLE SYRUP!)
Pecan Cream Pie - Like pecan pie but in creamy and fluffy form! This pie is amazing. I've never been a huge fan of the classic pecan pie with all the sugar and gooey texture. But this one is amazing and so creamy. It's a must try.
Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes - Tastes just like sweet potato casserole but much healthier! Sweet potato chunks sweetened with maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Roasted to crispy perfection in the oven.
Slow Cooker Spiral Ham - I make this every single year and my family loves it! It's so easy that I will normally make it for a weeknight dinner too.
Maple Pumpkin Pie
Maple Pumpkin Pie
- 1 uncooked 9" pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- chopped pecans optional
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Line your pie pastry into a 9" pie plate or thaw a frozen pie crust according to package instructions (usually it needs to be left out at room temperature for 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, pure maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat with a hand mixer or use a whisk to combine until mixed together and smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the uncooked pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 45-55 minutes longer, or until the edges are set but the middle is still slightly jiggly, not wet, just almost set. * If wanted place a pie ring (protects the pie crust on the outside from over browning) on the pie crust the last 30 minutes or so of the bake time. You can also just use tin foil that has been folded up if you don't have a pie ring.
- Let the pie cool on a cooling rack at room temperature for 1 hour. Then let it refrigerate, covered, overnight (at least 8 hours) so it can get cold and the flavors can come together.
MAPLE PUMPKIN SPICE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a small bowl combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. Use a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, and beat until stiff peaks form. This can take several minutes. Pipe onto the pie or dollop onto each piece when serving. Sprinkle with chopped pecans if wanted.