PECAN CREAM PIE RECIPE
Are you a fan of traditional pecan pie? I have never loved classic pecan pie. It’s overly sweet, gooey, and just not my favorite. Which is why when I found this pecan cream pie I was so obsessed.
It tastes like pecan pie but with a creamy, thick, light & fluffy texture. The only thing you have to cook is the pie crust! So it’s almost no-bake and completely irresistible.
No Holiday dessert table is complete with out it!
You will start off by baking a pie crust. You can make this as easy as buying a pie crust at the grocery store and baking it according to package directions OR make your favorite homemade pie crust recipe and use that.
You will need one cooked & cooled 9-inch pie crust for this recipe and a few other simple ingredients.
Heavy Whipping Cream – This recipe calls for homemade whipped cream!
Powdered Sugar – Used to sweeten the whipped cream.
Cream Cheese – For best taste and texture use full-fat, real cream cheese.
Brown Sugar – I only ever keep light brown sugar on hand so I use that. If you’re wanting a richer, deeper flavor then use dark brown sugar.
Pure Maple Syrup – Do not try and use maple pancake syrup. Just don’t! Buy pure maple syrup and you will have plenty left to make this pie all the time!
Chopped Pecans – Chop them as small or leave them in larger chunks. Whichever you prefer.
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Use pure maple syrup NOT pancake syrup. They’re not the same thing. You will find the pure maple syrup by the other syrup and breakfast items in the grocery store.
- I prefer the homemade whipped cream in this recipe but if you are wanting a shortcut then replace the heavy whipping cream & powdered sugar with 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip.
- Make sure the pie crust is cooked and cooled before adding the pecan cream filling. And make sure you plan ahead of time so this pie has time to refrigerate before serving. I always make it the night before and let it refrigerate overnight (covered).
Pecan Cream Pie
- 1 (9-inch) uncooked pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Cook pie crust according to package or recipe instructions. Let cool completely before adding the cream pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer, or stand mixer, until stiff peaks form. This will take several minutes.
- In a separate larger bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and pure maple syrup. Beat together until combined and creamy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir together until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Spread mixture into the baked and cooled pie crust. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top of the pie. Cover and let refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- I like to whip some additional cream to decorate the top with right before serving (as pictured above). You don't have to do this at all. Serve plain and it's really delicious too.
Recipe found years ago at Lauren’s Latest. We’ve ♥ it ever since!