This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Maple Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes taste just like sweet potato casserole but healthier! Diced sweet potatoes are covered in a delicious marinade of olive oil, real maple syrup, spices, cinnamon and roasted to perfection in the oven. It’s a delicious and healthy side dish recipe.
MAPLE CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
If you’re looking for a delicious roasted side dish recipe then you must try these maple cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes. A little bit sweet, savory, and soft & crisp sweet potatoes.
These roasted sweet potatoes taste like sweet potato casserole but way healthier!
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE CINNAMON ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
Sweet Potatoes – These are the darker sweet potatoes with the orange/brown skin.
Olive Oil – I use extra-virgin olive oil to avoid that heavy olive taste that regular olive oil has.
Salt & Pepper
MY TIPS FOR ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
– If you are wanting to double the recipe then use two different cookie sheet pans. I would suggest not trying to stick a double recipe on one pan because you don’t want them touching at all while they are baking.
– Make sure the potatoes are not touching (as best as you can) when you spread them on the pan. You don’t want to steam the potatoes, you want them separated so each side can get that crispy charred exterior.
– Depending on how small or large you cut the potatoes will determine the cook time. I cut them into larger bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch big.
– I would suggest using extra-virgin olive oil as it does not have that heavy olive taste to it.
OTHER ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES TO TRY
Roasted Red Potatoes – Classic recipe for roasted red potatoes! Great side dish for any dinner.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes roasted in garlic, parmesan cheese, and butter. These are so yummy.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts – Crispy, charred brussels roasted in parmesan and garlic.
Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups chopped & peeled sweet potatoes about 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into larger bite-sized pieces (1 inch)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup NOT pancake syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425°. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or tin foil, and spray it with cooking spray. You could also just spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray too.* Make sure the cookie sheet you are using has sides on it.
- Combine the chopped sweet potatoes, olive oil, maple syrup, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Stir together until all the potatoes are coated.
- Dump onto the prepare cookie sheet, spreading out the potatoes to ensure that none are touching, and bake for 15-20 minutes. Stir the potatoes half way through cooking time.
- Serve immediately.