Slow cooker creamed corn is only 5 simple ingredients. So creamy, easy to make, and way better than the canned stuff. Creamed corn is the perfect side dish for any meal.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
So I have decided that this ‘being a mom thing’ is hard. My little girl turns 4 today! Where did the time go?! It’s funny how once you have kids time just seems to zoom by. Like, literally zoom at full speed and I can’t stop it. I was just talking to my husband the other day about the day she was born and how I can remember every single detail. It feels like just yesterday.
In honor of her birthday I decided to share one of her favorite things. Corn!
Corn is a vegetable that we all love so it’s one that I try to make a lot of. This slow cooker creamed corn is one of our favorite ways to eat corn. Only 5 ingredients and a couple hours in the slow cooker. That’s it.
I like this recipe over the others because it does not call for an entire stick of butter. I do love butter but not sticks of it in dinner type foods. I’ll save the sticks of butter for dessert 🙂
Throw 5 ingredients into the slow cooker:
frozen corn- I like to use gold n’ white corn. Feel free to use whatever you want. Yellow sweet corn, white corn, etc.
salt & sugar
If you want a little extra something then add some freshly ground pepper. I don’t add any because the flavor is a bit strong for my kids. Stir it all together and let it cook. It will be dry and you will be tempted to add some liquid. Resist! Don’t do it!
It cooks up so creamy and delicious. It only needs about 2-4 hours to cook so it’s not one of the slow cooker meals that can be in the slow cooker all day long. Plus, I like to stir it 2-3 times during the cook time so it does not burn to the sides of the slow cooker.
I put mine in about 4 hours before dinner, so like early afternoon, and then it’s ready when dinner is.
I also love making this creamed corn for a Thanksgiving side dish and for Christmas and Easter dinner as well. It’s great for a fancy Holiday dinner or for dinner during the week too.
Tips for making creamed corn in the slow cooker
- No matter how dry it looks when you first add everything into the slow cooker, DO NOT add any liquid. As it cooks it gets plenty of creaminess from the corn juices and butter and cream cheese.
- Serve this with a slotted spoon as there will be some liquid in with the corn.
- This is not one of those recipes that you can throw in the slow cooker ahead of time in the morning. It only needs about 3 hours to cook on low heat. For some reason this recipe does not work well at high heat, the corn burns and the flavor does not develop like it does when cooked at a low temperature.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 2 packages (16 oz each) frozen corn
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine al ingredients in the slow cooker and stir together. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- ** To prevent the corn from burning and/or sticking to the sides, stir the corn 1-2 times during the cooking time.Serve with a slotted spoon!
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST