This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
This No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake is one of the easiest dessert to prepare with a homemade vanilla wafer crust, no bake banana pudding cheesecake filling, and layers of fresh bananas and whipped cream.
No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake Recipe – The Perfect Dessert!
I love anything banana pudding! Whether it’s easy-to-make Banana Pudding Cookies, a Banana Cream Pie, or this show-stopper layered Chessmen Cookie Banana Pudding, they’re always a go-to dessert when I am needing something that feeds a crowd, that everyone loves, and is simple to make.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Dessert
- Banana Flavor! : If you love that classic banana flavor or banana pudding desserts, then this no bake banana cheesecake will be an instant hit. Flavored with an instant banana pudding mix and fresh banana slices.
- Ultra Creamy Cheesecake Filling : This dessert is so light, smooth, and creamy! The texture is unreal and so refreshing when paired without buttery vanilla wafer crust and whipped cream topping.
- Easy To Make No Bake Dessert : No bake desserts are one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen. Perfect to make the day before and prep time is usually only minutes.
There are three different parts to this banana cheesecake. It may look like a lot, but I promise that each layer is simple to make and it’s completely no-bake!
Vanilla Wafer Crust
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies – I use the Nilla wafer cookies. They’re vanilla cookies that come in a round shape. A generic store-brand will also work great.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Melted Butter – It’s best to use salted butter but you can use unsalted butter and then add a pinch of salt in with the other crust ingredients.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Filling
- Cream Cheese – Use full fat cream cheese for the best flavor and rich creamy texture.
- Powdered Sugar
- Instant Banana Cream Pudding Mix – This is the instant pudding and not the cook n’ serve kind.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream – Again, use full fat sour cream for the best flavor and rich creamy texture.
- Whipped Topping – Use Cool Whip (thawed) or make your own whipped cream.
- Large Banana
Toppings & Garnish
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies – Chopped, crushed or Mini Nilla Wafers.
- Large Banana
- Whipped Topping
How To Make No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake (Nutritional Information and Recipe Card Included)
- Add the Nilla wafer cookies into a food processor. Pulse until they’re fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and light brown sugar and pulse again to combine. The mixture should look like wet sand.
- Press the crust into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer while you prepare the rest.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar for 2-3 minutes until it’s fluffy and combined well.
- Add in the banana cream pudding mix, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat for 1-2 minutes until combined well and the mixture is thick.
- Fold in the whipped topping using a spatula and mix gently until combined.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Pour half of the banana cheesecake filling over top the crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Layer the banana slices, in a circular pattern, over the pudding for the next layer.
- Spread the remaining half of the cheesecake filling over top and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight is even better.
- When ready to serve, decorate the top of the cheesecake with whipped cream, Nilla wafer cookies, and sliced bananas.
- Serve chilled!
How To Store Leftovers
Banana Pudding Cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Choose an airtight container that is large enough not to damage its shape. You can also just keep the cheesecake inside the springform pan and cover it with foil foil or plastic wrap.
You can freeze this no bake cheesecake. I recommend eating it fresh for best results, but it can be frozen if needed. Make and prepare the cheesecake according to the instructions (including the fridge time). Before adding any toppings, wrap the springform pan in plastic wrap and then again in foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. When ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight before garnishing it with the toppings and serving.
Because of the dairy and pudding mix, the texture may be slightly different once frozen and thawed.
Can I Use Homemade Whipped Cream or Cool Whip?
The recipe calls for 2 cups whipped topping in the cheesecake filling and for the decorative garnish on top of the no bake cheesecake. You can buy a tub of Cool Whip and use that or make your own.
I recommend making your own whipped topping at least for the topping garnish, because it’s thicker and sets better than Cool Whip or spray whipped cream – which are softer and melt easier.
Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream + 3 tablespoons powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld mixer, starting on low speed, until stiff peaks form. This amount makes 2 cups which is perfect for the cheesecake filling. Make additional whipped cream for the toppings, or you can just add more heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar, and whip more whipped topping to use some for the filing and reserve the remaining for later.
Tips & Tricks For This Dessert Recipe
- If you don’t own a food processor, not to worry! Simply add the vanilla wafers into a gallon-size Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or meat pounder to crush them into fine crumbs. You can also use a mini food chopper if you have one of those. It may need to be done in batches.
- Use room temperature cream cheese and sour cream. Using room temperature dairy products ensures they mix easily and yield the most creamy smooth cheesecake. If the dairy ingredients are too cold (especially the cream cheese) it will add lumps to the cheesecake batter that are very heard to beat or mix smooth.
- Add the whipped cream very slowly and using a gentle hand to mix it. Take care not to overmix to keep the added air in the cheesecake, thus creating a perfect fluff each time.
- Run serving and cutting utensils under hot water when slicing and serving your cheesecake. This will ensure clean, beautiful sides, and your cheesecake will be released easily.
- For more banana flavor try using a box of banana cream instant pudding mix! No need to prepare it beforehand, simply dump the dry instant pudding powder into the mixing bowl.
More No Bake Cheesecakes
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- No Bake Black Forest Cheesecake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Nilla Wafer Crust
- 50 Nilla wafer cookies (not the mini's)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip or homemade)
- 1 large banana sliced
Toppings & Garnish
- Nilla wafer cookies (regular size or mini size)
- sliced banana
- whipped cream (homemade or spray can)
Make The Crust
- Add the Nilla wafer cookies into a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds or until they're in fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and brown sugar. Pulse again until combined and the mixture resembles wet sand.50 Nilla wafer cookies, 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.* Lightly damp your fingers in water if you're having trouble getting the crust pressed into the pan.
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer while you prepare the rest.
Make The Cheesecake Filling
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar (for about 2-3 minutes )until it's combined and fluffy.2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add in the banana cream instant pudding mix, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy.1 box (3.4 oz) instant banana cream pudding mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the whipped topping using a spatula and gently mix it in until combined.2 cups whipped topping
Assemble The Cheesecake
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer. Spread half of the banana cheesecake mixture over top the crust into an even layer.
- Place a single layer of sliced bananas, in a circular pattern, for the next layer.1 large banana
- Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture over top the bananas and spread it out evenly., making sure to smooth the top with a spatula.
Chill & Serve
- Cover the springform pan with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight is even better.
- When ready to serve, decorate the top of the cheesecake with the whipped cream, Nilla wafer cookies (crush them or leave them whole), and fresh banana slices.* If you know you won't be serving all the cheesecake, I recommend only decorating the slices before serving rather than the entire cheescake. The toppings don't hold up well in the fridge as leftovers.Nilla wafer cookies, sliced banana, whipped cream
- To serve, run a knife along the inside edge of the springform pan and then remove the outer ring. Cut into slices and serve chilled.