Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie is an easy, no bake pie recipe that tastes like a cheesecake. Simple to make with a store-bought Oreo crust filled with layers of no bake peanut butter & chocolate cheesecake.
A delicious and sweet treat for peanut butter and chocolate lovers. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe, this peanut butter pie is the answer!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie Recipe
I am a big fan of no bake pie recipes. They are actually my favorite recipe to create and experiment with. I also happen to love peanut butter + chocolate, so this peanut butter chocolate pie is basically the best easy dessert recipe you will ever make.
Only a few ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep time is all you need. Be sure and plan ahead because it does need at least 8 hours of refrigeration time. Which makes it perfect for gatherings or Holiday dinners because you can prepare it the day before.
An Oreo cookie crust filled with two layers of creamy no bake cheesecake filling. One layer of peanut butter cheesecake and a layer of chocolate cheesecake.
What You'll Need
Here are the simple ingredients needed to make this recipe.
- Oreo Cookie Crust : This is found in the baking aisle by the graham cracker crusts. If you can't find the Oreo, then a chocolate graham cracker crust would work as well. You can also make your own homemade Oreo crust. Make sure it's for a 9-inch pie.
- Cream Cheese : I prefer the taste and texture of full-fat cream cheese in this recipe. Reduced fat cream cheese can be used if preferred.
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream : Again, I prefer full-fat sour cream but lite sour cream can be used as well.
- Cocoa Powder : This makes the chocolate layer.
- Creamy Peanut Butter : For the peanut butter layer.
- Powdered Sugar : A little extra sweetness for the chocolate and peanut butter layers.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
See how easy it is to make this no bake peanut butter chocolate pie. With 5 minutes of prep this no bake pie can be made by anyone.
No Bake Cheesecake : Make a simple no bake cheesecake batter with cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate : Separate the cheesecake mixture into two separate bowls. This is where we will create the peanut butter and chocolate layers for the pie. In one bowl add some powdered sugar and peanut butter. In the other bowl add some powdered sugar and cocoa powder. First, layer the peanut butter layer into the pie crust and then the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate : Cover the pie with the enclosed lid from the Oreo crust and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but overnight is even better.
Serve : If wanted, decorate the pie with whipped cream and Reese's peanut butter chunks before serving. You can either decorate the entire pie or each piece as you serve it.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my helpful tips for this no bake pie recipe that will hopefully help this recipe be a success in your own kitchen.
- Refrigeration Time : This is the most important part of a no bake pie. Because it's no bake, the pie will need lots of refrigeration time so it can thicken and hold together while slicing. Make sure you plan for at least 8 hours of fridge time, but overnight is the best. Even making this pie 24 hours in advance is fine.
- Make It Easy : Use the store-bought Oreo crust for ease. I actually prefer the store-bought over homemade because they hold together better when cutting a slice. Homemade crusts always seem to be crumbly and fall apart easily. So make it easy on yourself and use the prepared, ready-to-use crust. Same thing for the Cool Whip.
- Garnish : I love this pie with a garnish of whipped cream and chopped Reese's. Of course, the pie is delicious just as is, but for presentation I always like to add a little something. Make sure you don't add any garnishes until right before serving.
- Cream Cheese : To avoid lumps in the batter make sure the cream cheese is softened. I put mine in the microwave for about 25 seconds to soften it up before adding into the bowl. If the cream cheese is cold, it will be harder to incorporate it into the mixture.
Variation & Substitution Ideas
Here are a few ways that you can change up this easy dessert recipe.
- Crust : Use a chocolate graham cracker crust instead of the Oreo crust.
- Nutella : Instead of creamy peanut butter use Nutella.
- Lighten It Up : Use reduced-fat cream cheese and light sour cream. You can also substitute the sour cream and use plain Greek yogurt instead.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie FAQ's
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that I get about this recipe.
Can I Freeze Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie?
- I would recommend not freezing this recipe. Because of the cream cheese and Cool Whip it will separate once thawed. But of course, you can always try it and see what you think. I am not much of a freezer of anything, so if you're better with it than I am, then go ahead and try it and let me know. I would imagine that once frozen and then thawed the texture would be a bit different. More like a frozen pie texture versus a creamy cheesecake. If freezing, make sure you double wrap the pie in Saran Wrap and then double wrap again in tin foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve let thaw in the fridge overnight.
What Do I Do With Leftovers?
- Leftovers keep really well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure you cover the pie or move it to a container with a lid. I actually think the pie gets better and better on day 2 or 3. Which is why I always like to make it 24 hours ahead of time.
Try These Other No Bake Dessert Recipes
No Bake Black Forest Cheesecake Pie - One of my favorites! Layered vanilla and chocolate cheesecake filling topped with cherry pie filling.
Oreo Cream Pie - Easy pie that uses an Oreo crust and lots of chopped Oreo cookies.
Snickers Cheesecake Cream Pie - Simple, no bake cheesecake with big chunks of Snickers candy bar inside a graham cracker crust.
Triple Layer Lemon Pudding Pie - Three layers of no bake lemon pudding and topped with fresh whipped cream.
Coconut Cream Pie - This recipe uses coconut cream pudding, cream cheese, and easy Cool Whip. Top it with toasted coconut for an easy dessert.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- 1 (6 oz) ready-to-use Oreo crust
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip thawed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar divided
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and combined.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat together until combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip with a spatula. Divide mixture into two separate bowls.
- In one bowl, add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and creamy peanut butter. Stir to combine. In the other bowl, add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust. Next, spread the chocolate layer.
- Cover with the enclosed lid from the crust and let refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.I prefer to let mine refrigerate overnight.
- If wanted, garnish the pie with additional Cool Whip or whipped cream and some chopped up Reese's bars.
- Cut into slices and serve. This pie softens up a bit when left out at room temperature, so be sure and store in the fridge.