This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Pie is an easy no bake dessert that starts with an Oreo cookie crust, filled with peanut butter cheesecake, and hot fudge swirled on top. This dessert takes just minutes to prepare!
For another easy chocolate + peanut butter dessert be sure and make my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie.
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Pie Recipe
I first whipped up this peanut butter fudge swirl pie, several years ago, as my kids were eating their bedtime snack! I mean it when I say that this pie literally takes less than 5 minutes to make. So simple, so easy, and yet it’s still a show-stopper of a dessert to serve to family, or even guests.
It’s been made dozens of times since and it’s definitely one of those recipes that I make when I need a tried & true dessert to share.
It starts with a prepared and ready-to-use Oreo cookie crust, filled with a no bake peanut butter cheesecake filling, and then hot fudge sauce gets swirled into the top of the pie. Let it refrigerate for at least 8 hours before slicing and serving.
Here is the short list of ingredients that you will need to make this no bake pie recipe with peanut butter and hot fudge sauce. I also share some tips so that you too can easily recreate this recipe in your own kitchen.
- Oreo Cookie Crust – This is a store bought, ready-to-use, Oreo cookie crust that you can find in the baking aisle by the other graham cracker crusts. I actually prefer the store bought crust because they hold together better. I recommend making it easy on yourself and using a prepared crust.
- Cream Cheese – It costs a bit more but I always use the name-brand cream cheese (Philadelphia brand) in no bake desserts. It tastes much better, in my opinion.
- Granulated Sugar – This is what sweetens the cream cheese.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Do not use all-natural peanut butter. It has a much thicker, grainy texture to it, which does taste the best in no bake pies.
- Cool Whip
- Hot Fudge Sauce – This is just the standard ice cream sundae topping that comes in the glass jar.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie with Hot Fudge Sauce Swirl
Learn how to make this recipe with just 3 easy steps below. Be sure and read to the bottom of the post where there is a recipe card with all the ingredients and detailed instructions.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake : In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and peanut butter until combined and creamy. Add in the tub of thawed cool whip and stir until combined well. Pour this into the Oreo crust and even out the top.
Hot Fudge : Warm up the hot fudge sauce in the microwave (for about 45 seconds) and pour it over the top of the peanut butter filling. Take a toothpick and gently swirl, without going too deep, the hot fudge around the top of the pie. Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid from the crust, and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Serve : After the pie has refrigerated for at least 8 hours, cut into slices and serve. You can use some of the leftover hot fudge sauce to drizzle over the pie pieces before serving.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my helpful tips so that you can have success recreating this recipe in your own kitchen.
- Peanut Butter : Use regular peanut butter and not the all-natural peanut butter in this recipe. All-natural peanut butter can have a thicker, grainy texture to it which does not lend well to a no bake pie where texture is everything! You of course you can experiment with it and see what you think, but my recommendation is to stick with regular creamy peanut butter. You want all that fat and oil so it will blend in smoothly with the cream cheese.
- Refrigerate : Plan ahead because this pie needs at least 8 hours of refrigeration time (or overnight) before slicing and serving it. It needs time to set up, thicken, and it allows the flavors to come together. Plus, it’s best served chilled anyways.
- Cream Cheese : To avoid lumps in the batter, make sure that the cream cheese is well softened. I put mine in the microwave (unwrapped on a microwave-safe plate) and heat for about 30 seconds. This makes the cream cheese soft but not hot.
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Pie FAQ’s
- How to Store Leftovers
- Leftovers will store in the fridge, covered, for 4-5 days.
- The Oreo crust will start to soften the longer it’s in the fridge.
- Leftovers taste really good on day 2, 3, 4… if they last that long 😉
- Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
- Yes, this pie actually needs to be made ahead of time because it has to refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. It’s the perfect dessert to make the day before and then let it hang out in the fridge before serving. Keeping the pie in the fridge for longer, like overnight, won’t hurt it at all. In fact, we think leftovers taste better the longer it’s in the fridge. The Oreo cookie crust will start to get soft as it sits in the fridge, so don’t make it too far in advance.
- Variation & Substitution Ideas
- Crust : If you can’t find the Oreo crust, or just want to try something different, use a chocolate graham cracker crust instead. You can also make your own Oreo crust if wanted.
- Hot Fudge : Use the extra hot fudge to drizzle over the slices of pie before serving. You can even use more hot fudge than what is called for in the recipe, if wanted. We love the amount as is, but you might find that you prefer more.
- Can I Freeze a No Bake Pie?
- I do not recommend freezing this no bake pie recipe. It has lots of dairy in it, Cool Whip and cream cheese, which tends to separate once thawed. However, that might just be personal opinion, and you might find that freezing this pie does just fine.
- If you do freeze it, I would cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid from the crust, and then double wrap it in heavy-duty tin foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Let the pie thaw in the fridge overnight before serving. The pie won’t be as thick and set as it is when it’s fresh.
More No Bake Desserts You’ll Love
- Oreo Cream Pie
- No Bake Triple Layer Lemon Pudding Pie
- Cream Cheese Cherry Pie
- White Chocolate Berries & Cream Pie
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Pie
- 1 (6 oz) ready-to-use Oreo cookie crust
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip thawed
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- In a mixing bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until combined and creamy.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until combined well.
- Evenly spread mixture into the prepared Oreo cookie crust.
- Warm up the hot fudge sauce (in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds) and drizzle it over the top of the peanut butter filling. Use a toothpick to gently swirl the hot fudge. Don't go deep into the pie, rather just skim the top of the pie with the toothpick to swirl.
- Cover the pie with the enclosed plastic lid from the Oreo crust and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. * You can also make this the day before and let it refrigerate overnight.