No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie has three layers of lemon pudding, fresh whipped cream, and fresh lemon juice. So easy to make and it's no bake! Perfect for summer and only 5 ingredients needed.
NO BAKE LEMON PUDDING PIE RECIPE
No bake lemon pudding pie has three fabulous layers of instant lemon pudding mix, fresh lemon juice, and freshly whipped cream! Layered in a no bake, store-bought graham cracker crust. So creamy, light, and fresh tasting. Perfect for summertime.
This no bake lemon pie literally takes 5 minutes to make and it's the perfect thing to make the night before so it can refrigerate until ready to serve the next day. And the leftovers just get better and better!
LEMON PIE WITH LEMON PUDDING FILLING
Graham Cracker or Shortbread Crust - These are the store bought ones that you will find in the baking aisle. Do not get the '2 extra servings' sized crust. You just want the regular (6 oz) sized crust. If I can find the shortbread one (not all stores have it) I will get it because it's my favorite but normally I just use a graham cracker crust.
Instant Lemon Pudding Mix - You want two of the small boxes of lemon pudding. Do not get sugar-free (I mean you could if you really want to, but it tastes much better with the regular pudding mix) and do not prepare the pudding according to the package directions. Just follow the recipe below.
Whole Milk or Half & Half - You want a higher fat percentage of milk for this recipe to help the pudding set up nice and thick.
Heavy Whipping Cream - Please whip your own cream! It only takes about 5 minutes and the taste is out of this world amazing. If wanted, you can replace the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with 8-12 oz of Cool Whip. I highly recommend following the recipe as is.
Fresh Lemon Juice - It's not very much but it makes a huge difference and provides a fresh lemon taste for this lemon pie.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING LEMON PUDDING PIE
- This pie needs at least 8 hours of refrigeration time to allow the pie to thicken and set up. For best results, make this the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight and into the next day until you're ready to serve it.
- The leftovers of this pie are amazing and get better and better each day. Save the leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use fresh lemon juice! Not the bottled lemon juice. You will need about 1/2 of a lemon to get 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
TRY THESE OTHER NO BAKE DESSERTS THAT USE PUDDING MIX
- pistachio cheesecake pie
- easy, no bake coconut cream pie
- lemon cheesecake pie
- triple layer oreo pudding pie
- chocolate peanut butter éclair dessert
- chocolate caramel cream pie
- jello pudding layer pie
No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker or shortbread crust
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) lemon instant pudding mix do not prepare according to package directions
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine lemon instant pudding mix, whole milk, and fresh lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until pudding is thick, about 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes so it can thicken.
- While the pudding is sitting to thicken make the whipped cream. In a mixing bowl with a handheld blender, or use the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the lemon pudding into the graham cracker crust.
- Add half of the freshly whipped cream into the remaining lemon pudding mix and stir together until combined. Spread over the lemon pudding in the pie crust.
- Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream. You can either spread it on as the 3rd layer immediately OR you can pipe it on the edges of the pie (as shown in the pictures) after the refrigeration time and before serving.
- Cover with the enclosed lid from the graham cracker crust and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. For best results make the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.